Help › Forums

Tiered RG's for TL's

Sat, Oct 31 2015 5:17 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2015 1:31 AM

alanti:
    LMAO.....*GULP*.....and to think I thought no one would think me out of place.....trenchcoat and all. 

It was going real well...till ya lobbed the c*ck out !!!  

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2015 3:29 AM

alcaucin:

Well what can I say, I needed check the time!

I assume you mean clock :)

Wait ............

It was a sundial. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2015 7:55 AM

alanti:

alcaucin:

Well what can I say, I needed check the time!

I assume you mean clock :)

Always got 'time on my hand ;-)

alanti:
    It was a sundial. 

It ain't that big !!

;p

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2015 12:49 PM

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2015 4:40 AM

I better put some shorts on then eh Chris ?  ;)))

Andy ( fully tanned )

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2015 5:55 AM

The "Chumpion" Grim Reeper train is coming for you seasoned TL guys.  Gathering up is soon and resistance is futile.

Personally I hope you get a few goes before it's same old :)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2015 4:43 AM

As we're almost two months on and the situation is exactly the same it would seem there are not to be rg's for TL'S (or one 1,000c one).

If that's how its to be the fine, I would appreciate someone from wgt saying why though.

By the way, do tiers other than TL get credit bracket tournaments?  If so, why not at TL?

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 2:17 PM

there used to be TL RGs. They took months to fill up. With the TLs who played tiered RGs now champions for the most part, it will take even longer. Most Tls and Champions play the open RGs

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 2:33 PM

Think of this too ... quite a few Legend tier players have tiered up recently, and quite a lot of them are ready go shooters. WGT could try a couple TL RG's out again .... say a $1.00 nine holer and a $2.00 18 holer ... I think only having one ten dollar 18 holer is not very appealing to a majority of ready go shooters ... 

IIRC, when they had a bunch of Tour Legend RG's, they were medium and high stakes tourneys ... I could be wrong about that though. I think the lower stakes dollar and two dollar events would draw more players ...

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 5:17 PM

I agree donsprintr.  

It's like having no Legend rg's before the new tiers were formed (bit of repetition there probably).

Derekort said  "With the TLs who played tiered RGs now champions for the most part, it will take even longer. Most Tls and Champions play the open RGs"

While I agree with the first part of the opening sentence and the last  sentence is true by neccesity, i don't think they would take longer to fill, quite the reverse.

The reason others didn't play the rg's was precisely because these people (slowly) filled them.  The TL tier included a variety of skills but the TL tournaments were dominated by the very best players, asking for high stake rg's. It was better playing the low stake open rg's that filled quickly and also the best ignored them or at least could only play once a day.

Now most of the very best players are in the Champion tier and many have come in to TL from legend (and playing tiered rg's), I reckon that lower stake ones would fill well.   

• PAGES
RSS