Forums

Help › Forums

THE NATIONS CUP

Sat, Jul 9 2016 4:39 AM (1,101 replies)
  • Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 3:55 AM

Sorry Italian Team, like in the first round for the F9, I never play this holes and I don't know almost anything abt them. I scored 33 with 2 bogeys at the first and at the 9th, 1 eagle, 3 birdies and one round of the hole lol Furthermore the meter jumped a lot (very rare in these hours). Bravo OMG, I trust in you all! Ciaoooo

• giorgio9670ita
    426 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 9:07 AM

You've been always good in any rounds Tam, it is because you and other 9 players we've won vs SA...now is time to team up and to save your score by whom , like me, have played bad last clash ! Do you still trust me too??? lol 

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 11:25 AM

sportsmadwilly:
    hi, please can you explain how South Africa is in the group its in? Round Robin Stage
    - According to the rank obtained during the qualification stage, Nations Teams will be divided in 4 groups according to this table:
    Group A:   1,  8,  9, 16
    Group B:  2,  7, 10, 15
    Group C:  3,  6, 11, 14
    Group D:  4,  5, 12, 13

Well - this table works for 16 teams - but there were not 16 teams that signed up. There needs to be a multiple of 4 teams, as there are 4 teams in each group. We started with 14 teams - so the elimination stage needed to knock out 2 to get us back to a multiple of 4 teams.

Now the round robin stage has 12 teams instead of 16.

The table above has to be adapted to 12 teams divided into 3 groups.

The same logic is used - examining above -- Group 1 consists of the top team, the bottom team and the 2 middle teams.  1, 16, 8 & 9.

This same logic applied to 12 teams gives you 1, 12, 6 & 7.

The second group then works inwards in the top half and bottom half of the list. Second from top, second from bottom, second from middle in both halves --- for 16 teams that is 2, 15, 7 & 10.   For 12 teams it is 2, 11, 5, & 8.   Which is where South Africa finds itself being team 5 from the qualification round.

The remaining 4 teams make up group 3.

Group1           Group2         Group 3

1 United Kingdom
    2                        United States of America
    3                                             Germany
    4                                             Spain
    5                        South Africa
    6 Australia
    7 Rest of the World
    8                         Italy
    9                                              Canada
    10                                            North Atlantic Region
    11                       France
    12 Ireland

I trust this is clear enough

Happy Hacking

Neil (The Hakman)

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 10:35 PM

Thank you Neil, you pretty much figured it out.

The main line is that we ended up having less teams than originally expected, and we had to put together 3 groups instead of four.

Check out  this previous post  for a basic explanation of how we distributed the teams.

-abq- 

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 10:46 PM

giorgio9670ita:
    ps: Alberto how does work nations leaderboards!? I do mean italy won vs SA = 3 points , USA won vs France = 3 points...but I see all 4 with 3 points! Just to know, ty:)

Giorgio,

when we start collecting the scores for the new round, we also put down the "temporary result" of the new round, according to what the current scores are.

So even if round 2 is not completed,  you will actually see the points assigned.

Traduco:
    Quando raccogliamo i risultati del round corrente, facciamo anche la simulazione dell'incontro e assegnamo i punti del match a seconda dei risultati raccolti finora.
    Quindi anche se il round corrente non è finito, vedrai comunque i punti assegnati alle squadre.

-abq- 

• giorgio9670ita
    426 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 10:58 PM

Ok thanks, sorry for stalking :)

• Tiewaz
    1,281 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2015 2:16 AM

To Alberto, Carlo & your team,

Thank you so much for all of the efforts & energy that you guys are putting into the organisation & running of the Nations Cup Tournament... It's been great fun to be a part of & very interesting,to follow the progress of all involved.

I tip my cap to you gentlemen! Well Done!

To my fellow Aussies,

G'day & my sincerest apologies...Cabo crushed me.... I could only manage par for my round.... the double bogey on my first hole...set the stage for my struggle to find a birdie... I couldn't even buy a birdie at Cabo....even after putting for eagle...although I did manage to save some face & I found 2 birds before I finished,.. I hope that my score isn't part of the top ten...lol...

The only way that I could think to stick some wind up the Poms after my round...was to drop by the BottleO....pick up some cartons of "Fosters & KB"...load up the buggy & drive around Cabo...offering the Poms some warm beer for refreshment during their round....It's been a success with 10 cartons gone in 2 hours....I'm sitting at the bar in the clubhouse awaiting their return....

Cheers...Tiewaz...

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2015 7:27 PM

giorgio9670ita:

Ok thanks, sorry for stalking :)

No worries Mate.

-abq-

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2015 7:48 PM

Hello everyone!

After carefully analyzing this round's matches, our engineers ultimately elected the following, to be the feature match:

vs    

Good luck  ;-) !

-abq-

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2015 9:51 PM

AlbertoBQ:

Hello everyone!

After carefully analyzing this round's matches, our engineers ultimately elected the following, to be the feature match:

vs    

Good luck  ;-) !

-abq-

That's very funny   lol

RSS