Help › Forums

THE NATIONS CUP

Sat, Jul 9 2016 4:39 AM (1,101 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2015 5:42 PM

alanti:

MBaggese:
    I stared the round last week at BPB with my Starter Gear from the night before...was + 2 or 3 through 5

Lies lies.....you had your usual equipment and bought your A game with you....only +2 or 3....one of your better efforts Mike :))

Shhhhhh!!!

Effer!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2015 9:49 PM

I luv the friendly sledging/banter starting to appear   lol

• giorgio9670ita
    426 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2015 10:02 PM

OMGbogeyAgain:

pierolitfiba:
    Good luck----------> no good look---------->OMG :)))))))))

yes Carlo  im here  :))))))))))))))))))))  

thanks for nice wishes

they worked out fine

CABO blablabla 29 :)))

PS: how we managed to beat SA?  great work Italy

po po po po ppo po po  po po po po popopopo po

Great score on cabobla mate...you should become conscious that's time to change your player name in OMGBIRDIEAGAIN, and your scary pic too! LOL

ps: Alberto how does work nations leaderboards!? I do mean italy won vs SA = 3 points , USA won vs France = 3 points...but I see all 4 with 3 points! Just to know, ty:)

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2015 10:45 PM

C'mon  Aussies.    We need some nice low scores to put pressure on the Poms.  You know how they fold under pressure!       lol

I tried - and apart from 2 disasters it was good.

On #10 I had a swing-meter jump that almost put me OOB. Didn't even play a very good recovery shot and ended with Bogey. Not a good way to start.

Then on #14 with a big tail wind I suddenly had the urge to try to carry to the 2nd fairway. Lord only knows why -- the approach shot is still really easy from the end of the first fairway. So a really stupid shot to go for - low reward - high risk. Of course it took a nasty bounce right and rolled into the water.   Fortunately played the recovery from 85 yds in the sand to within 6 inches - but the penalty stroke makes it a Par.

Other than that it was a good round.

Left the Eagle putt on #15 sitting on the lip looking in - very sad. With no mistakes it should have been a 25. I see Tasor shot a 25 --- very well played again! I don't know how you keep rolling out the best scores -- pretty amazing!

Message from me to the rest of the team - play it sensibly - do as I say not as I do! There is a low score there waiting for you - just go out there and concentrate and make sure it is yours!

To the UK team -- well......   good luck,  but you know how they say...    Golf,  yet another sport invented by the UK, that they can't win at.   May the best team win - I already know it will be a tough one for us.  But that's how we Aussie's like it.

Happy Hacking

Neil (The Hakman)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2015 11:31 PM

hakman123:
    Neil (The Hakman)

Great score.

I stuffed up with a disappointing  33.   Birds on the first 3 holes, then a bird on the 15th. Rest were pars except a Boge on the 18th.   This was with 3 gettable Eagle putts (11,12,15) and another Bird just stopping on the right hand lip of hole.

Bugga   lol  The luck wasn't with me

-Roger

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2015 11:37 PM

Thanks Rog

Out of interest - why the heck does WGT give you a drop in such terrible places? There are loads of holes where they give you a drop in nasty rough or sand. They should allow you to go backwards from the hole within the rules and click where you want to "drop" the ball. I would have had a much easier shot going back a couple of yards onto the first fairway - rather than playing an uncertain approach from sand.

Rather than add ridiculous club clashes and new tee markers - program a proper "drop" function!

Good Luck to the rest of you in R2

Happy Hacking

Neil

• Tasor
    478 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 1:11 AM

hakman123:

With no mistakes it should have been a 25. I see Tasor shot a 25 --- very well played again! I don't know how you keep rolling out the best scores -- pretty amazing!

Thanks! I just try to avoid any risk and play safely. Unfortunately, I cannot make it on the VT - wrong club, miss ding on Par 3 and such things.

• aldomig
    61 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 1:28 AM

Sorry Team Italy a very bad 35 on Cabo del Sol after a very very very bad 38 on round 47.

sigh!!! :-(((((((

Please don't kill me!!!

Good luck

Aldo

• sportsmadwilly
    49 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 3:09 AM

hi, please can you explain how South Africa is in the group its in? Round Robin Stage
    - According to the rank obtained during the qualification stage, Nations Teams will be divided in 4 groups according to this table:
    Group A:   1,  8,  9, 16
    Group B:  2,  7, 10, 15
    Group C:  3,  6, 11, 14
    Group D:  4,  5, 12, 13
    - Teams in each group will play one round robin tournament using the following rules:
    All players will compete in the WGT 9 hole single play, free weekly tournament, and only the 10 best results of one’s Nation Team will be used.
    - The Team with the best score wins the match; 3 points for the Win, 1 for the Tie, 0 for the Loss.
    - The round robin stage will be 3 weeks long, and at the end, the first two Teams of each group will be playing the third and final stage.
    Tiebreakers will be the following:
    1 - Direct match,  2 - Most wins,  3 - Lowest Average,  4 - Team’s Rank (from the Qualification Stage)

• sportsmadwilly
    49 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2015 3:09 AM

hi, please can you explain how South Africa is in the group its in? Round Robin Stage
    - According to the rank obtained during the qualification stage, Nations Teams will be divided in 4 groups according to this table:
    Group A:   1,  8,  9, 16
    Group B:  2,  7, 10, 15
    Group C:  3,  6, 11, 14
    Group D:  4,  5, 12, 13
    - Teams in each group will play one round robin tournament using the following rules:
    All players will compete in the WGT 9 hole single play, free weekly tournament, and only the 10 best results of one’s Nation Team will be used.
    - The Team with the best score wins the match; 3 points for the Win, 1 for the Tie, 0 for the Loss.
    - The round robin stage will be 3 weeks long, and at the end, the first two Teams of each group will be playing the third and final stage.
    Tiebreakers will be the following:
    1 - Direct match,  2 - Most wins,  3 - Lowest Average,  4 - Team’s Rank (from the Qualification Stage)

RSS