Help › Forums

i dont see a September uneven tournament

Sun, Nov 1 2015 8:29 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • racoondad
    322 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2015 8:11 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

...  The weekly ones will still continue for now.  ...

- WGTdbloshoe

That was quick. Weekly 18 uneven is gone. Oh well, you didn't lie. At least "the weekly ones" continued for a week.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2015 5:06 PM

Bump.

Well, it's been a while. I'd like an update. 

Ironically, back in January, I started hosting UL tourneys at my CC. No, they don't get a ton of interest, but my hardcore dozen or so are pretty good. Anyway, several of them had not played unevens much or at all before I did this. Now they are really into it. 

Heh. Of course it may have helped that I put up some pretty good prizes for it. Just kidding. Time and again most have told me they'd play the tourney anyway. Several have made themselves in amateur status, passing their purses down the leaderboard. 

Oh yeah. The big reason we miss the 18's is that I use a handicap system based on the USGA. I only record rounds of 18 in the spreadsheets. 

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 12:32 AM

Like Gary Moore once sang: "Hey, hey, my, my ... UEL will never die!"

I just found my heart for UEL, and I hope it`s not too late. For me right now it`s like a brand new game and I really began to like it a lot. East Frisians like I am need a little longer (years may be) than others to get used to new things. But now I´m on fire for uneven. I hope that in the future there will be more UEL-tourneys to play.

One of my cc-members started to create UEL-tourneys at Walhall two weeks ago (thank you, David!) and it`s becoming more and more apraciated in the cc now.

My wish is: Please, WGT, be patient with this good idea called UEL. For players like me, who are a little bored of "the old game", it could be the future of playing.

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 1:48 AM

WGT is wrong about the UEL tournament. Their opinion is that, because there's a lack of interest in UEL game, it's not a good business to make free weekly/monthly tournaments... When they should increase the promotion of UEL!!!

When you have a good stuff, you promote it, you don't burn it. They think in short term instead of long term and that kind of strategy has no future, everybody knows it.

Joe

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 1:51 AM

ostfriedel:
    Like Gary Moore once sang: "Hey, hey, my, my ... UEL will never die!"

I think it was Neil Young ..........but I understood your point :)

Not a fan personally but it has been stated from WGT they pulled some UEL (see page 1) due to lack of interest - maybe they have rationalized further.

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2015 8:29 AM

Yep, it was Neil Young.

• PAGES
RSS