Forums

Help › Forums

i dont see a September uneven tournament

Sun, Nov 1 2015 8:29 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2015 9:49 AM

can we get an uneven multi round event in its place, all the uneven lie players will enjoy that

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2015 12:02 PM

Agree

Please add the usual monthly 18 hole UEL tournament.

Adding a multi-round UEL tournament would also be welcomed.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2015 3:04 PM

a mulit round for a change would be good, we need come variety in the uneven tournaments, its been the same for so long, 18 + 9 hole weekly and 18 hole monthly, an 18 hole x 4 monthly would be a great addition or even 9+9+18+18 so it lasts the whole month, variety is the name of the game and using the month wisely by making the tournament last the whole month with 4 rounds.

PS: always single play as well, the august monthly was unlimited, its better if they are single play 

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2015 5:51 PM

Participation for the UEL monthly tournament has been trending down.  We have lost 1/3 of the players who participated since March.  We will revisit the UEL tournament in a month or two to decide whether or not we want to keep them up for the monthly ones.  The weekly ones will still continue for now.  At this time we are not going to be adding any additional UEL tournaments.

- WGTdbloshoe

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2015 10:01 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    Participation for the UEL monthly tournament has been trending down.  We have lost 1/3 of the players who participated since March.  We will revisit the UEL tournament in a month or two to decide whether or not we want to keep them up for the monthly ones.  The weekly ones will still continue for now.  At this time we are not going to be adding any additional UEL tournaments.

Sadly for those that liked UELs I know but I am not surprised.  As players that were v good at the flat version saw the credits, cared enough for the credits,  and troubled to learn it the same names took the credits, and quickly really.  

I played them just a couple of times.  Objectively the good point was more emphasis on course management.  

Where they really fall down, for me, are the angles.  Even from fway it's a bit peculiar, but go for a shot and miss the green it all just gets beyond silly.  

No offense to anyone but that's what I see needing to be addressed before UELs ever become mainstream.  How you do that in a 2D environment is way beyond my imagination as well......Frankly even looking at the RG closed list shows the interest level, and that's even after them being very well represented in the choice to play section.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2015 12:32 AM

WGTdbloshoe:
    Participation for the UEL monthly tournament has been trending down.  We have lost 1/3 of the players who participated since March.

Very interesting, not regarding the UE lies participation, but about sharing statistics as this is a departure from the previous non disclosure policy.

It would be interesting to see the trending statistics of the CC Clashes as well and also the participation levels in normal tournaments.

On the subject of UE's, I personally think Jim hit the nail on the head.

Edit - Full credit to DB for an honest answer and backing it up with logical reasoning. 10/10

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2015 3:10 AM

WGTdbloshoe:

- WGTdbloshoe

I'm disappointed but I understand the reasoning. And the participation in the UEL weekly tournament is also trending down.

So a suggestion: why not an UEL monthly tournament for all tier? Same thing for the UEL weekly tournament? And that would help Corwyn for the UEL Ryder cup qualification :)

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2015 4:35 AM

WGTdbloshoe:

- WGTdbloshoe

it took us a few years to get a few uneven tournaments and now we have lost one, thats not what i was expecting to hear, its the best way to play wgt, you have to use your brain as well as clicking a mouse.

a bit of variety might get some of those players back and im sure wgt is busier in the autumn/winter so get those monthly tournaments back as soon a possible, we get very little uneven tournaments to play, as the old saying goes "better looking at them, than looking for them"

• 8buster8
    649 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2015 5:10 AM

Saint Andrews from short tees, zero wind, easy pins, tournament greens, even lies, unlimited play for everyone then.   Just delete all other courses & tournaments.  Simple. 

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2015 6:16 AM

alanti:
    It would be interesting to see the trending statistics of the CC Clashes as well and also the participation levels in normal tournaments.

Got to agree with this. But there is no way WGT will let us have that info since it's all about prestige for them.

• PAGES
RSS