Help › Forums

out of bounds bug

Sat, Sep 5 2015 12:55 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 8:31 AM

cej0:
    Maybe they can't render a shot from that area.

This! (to my outsider's knowledge)

• David7578
    34 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 8:42 AM

Well, it's a bit hard to judge anything with any view. Focus is wrong, lines too.

I guess everyone had to play rough balls that clearly were displayed  on the fairway and other equivalents with fescue/brush/sand or whatever.

But sure, with proof, it's still a good idea to ask.

I also used the same trick on the same hole, lost some balls to learn the boundaries, but I do not need to use that trick that much. Only when I'm in the rough after a bad drive...

• vadernader
    62 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 10:40 AM

Anyone who has played that hole enough times knows there is OB to the far left of that alternate fairway. It's been that way for over 5 years now, it's intended - not a bug. You must favor the right side of the alternate fairway to stay in bounds.

• David7578
    34 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2015 12:55 AM

Just to illustrate that what you see is different from how the software is designed:

Would you think the ball is in the rough?

That just means what you see and the software mask aren't aligned at all.

Same goes from what you think is the OOB limit... even more so that you judge with a tiny image of the whole Hole and you have to guess what the invisible limits are in your FOV.

Also, beware that when putting, the FOV is completely different from hole to hole. What feels like 10 inches is 2 or 3 feet at times, then only half a foot or whatever.

But even without the precision problem I'm talking about now, you still have some risk involved when playing with the hole are limits... even IRL

• PAGES
RSS