Forums

Help › Forums

out of bounds bug

Sat, Sep 5 2015 12:55 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • papagrasutu
    2,465 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 8:17 AM

Hit the ball to the center of the alternate fairway, as I have done many times before, on #5 at St. Andrews, and it declared ball out of bounds, and I took an 8!!  Replay shows ball in center of fairway.  This happened in the Par 5 Ready go, which seems pretty unfair to pay for.  replay.aspx?ID=2cd3793e ded9 4d5c 8d5a a50300f239f5

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 8:38 AM

If you've played shot many times before, then this can't be the first time you have been OB. There's a fine line between playable and OB when you try that......I watched your replay 5 or 6 times, and it looks like you just went a whisker too far left.

The same thing happens if you play to the right-hand fairway on Oakmont #4. It will sure look good, but too much to the center of the fairway and you find yourself OB.

Both high-risk, (slightly) high-reward shots.

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 10:33 AM

It's the road/track that is the OOB boundary - I have been further left than your shot and had no problem. Looks like a WGT glitch to me

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 11:24 AM

Contact customer support add a link to your video, you should get your ball back at least, or even a sleeve if you're lucky. 

Definitely doesn't look OB to me and like the previous poster, I've been further left than that and still been in play.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 1:16 PM

papagrasutu:
    Hit the ball to the center of the alternate fairway, as I have done many times before, on #5 at St. Andrews, and it declared ball out of bounds

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/12459.aspx?PageIndex=2

Should help the case.  :-)

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2015 6:56 PM

papagrasutu:
    Hit the ball to the center of the alternate fairway, as I have done many times before, on #5 at St. Andrews, and it declared ball out of bounds,

Excuse me, but regardless of your practice, it's the same old: WGT sports in-course OOB areas where they didn't photograph the lie and shot direction, like STA ##5, 7, 17 and OAK #4. As a general guideline, the mini-map shows these limits - with exceptions.

+1 to YJ.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 12:46 AM

Are you sure it was # 5 and not # 14 which is the 5th hole on the back 9. Because I don't recall # 5 having an alternate fairway.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 1:10 AM

You may be right - it's the Par 5 with Hell's bunker in the rough.

• cej0
    254 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 1:57 AM

I just played a shot to the left of the green (on purpose) at St. A 17.  Ball was definitely in a playable area of fairway just beyond the green, about pin high and 30 yd. away left, but it was OB, anyway.  I don't get it.   Maybe they can't render a shot from that area.  Seems like it should be playable to me.  Play it as it lies, right, as long as it's within the boundaries of the course.  All of that area and more is represented on the hole map they have hovering over the right side of the screen.  I don't recall anything ever saying that the fairway area left of the green should be considered OB.  But I guess it is. I was trying to play a shot just below the hole to be able to flop up and get out with par.  A big bounce knocked it off course there and I was figuring that a 55% full wedge shot wouldn't be bad from over there until it registered OB.  

• papagrasutu
    2,465 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2015 7:25 AM

borntobesting:

Are you sure it was # 5 and not # 14 which is the 5th hole on the back 9. Because I don't recall # 5 having an alternate fairway.

Absolutely correct, it is St. Andrew's 14.  I was confused as I was playing it in the Best of Par 5, in which it is the 5th hole.

• PAGES
RSS