Forums

Help › Forums

Congratulations WGT... You've succeeded in taking a brilliant idea and turning it into a debacle.

Mon, Aug 3 2015 5:28 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • macbar
    79 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 8:24 PM

I really don't know where to start.

Since the update of 7/30 there are so many things wrong it's just hard to enumerate them all. I will hit the most pertinent at least to me at this time. The rest, I've been hammering you on for the last 5 years with little or no success in changing anything so I won't hold out much hope on this batch either.  Here we go. Listen and change do something about it if you wish to retain your business edge:

Every time I see the notification pop up saying that WGT will be down in 2 hours at whatever time PDT for maintenance, I literally shrink back in horror wondering what fresh Hell you will unleash on us the next day.This update was particularly egregious..

1. Let's start with that damn annoying "shwoosh" sound that plays every time anyone in the MP group changes clubs or view angles. We used to only hear it when we ourselves switched to the reverse or zoom angle views. Now it plays 10 times a minute and frankly it's driving us nuts! I LIKE hearing the ambient sounds, the club sounds and the celebration sounds but to hear "shwoosh!" every 6 seconds is among the most annoying and distracting things I can imagine. Please fix this immediately if not sooner or Karma will visit you in your attempts to sleep!

2. Zoom angles. Here's a tip for you. Zoom and/or reverse angles are supposed to HELP a player to better see what he/she is hitting into. Instead, one or more of your geniuses decided to give us a view from 200 feet in the air and 200 yards BEHIND the player position making the target  area so small that one has ZERO chance of actually using it to aim a shot! If I might politely inquire .... WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING? Obviously, you were NOT. Maybe you were distracted by the thoughts of where to place the next commercial ad? Here's another free tip ... if you don't stop this insanity you're not going to have many paying customers toward which to advertise the products and your advertising customers will move their dollars back to General Hospital, Big Brother or the Golf Channel's coverage of the Minnesota Amateur speed golf tourney.

3. Chat window. In the past, when one was posting a comment to the chat and the screen view changed the cursor would stay in the chat box when the screen refreshed so that one could continue his/her thought. Now, every time the screen view changes you have to re-click in the chat window and reposition the cursor at the end of the message to finish message. I know. It's trivial perhaps. But nonetheless annoying as all get out and God knows we have enough annoyances already to deal with when trying to figure out what shot to hit, ranging from meter skips to MP load crashes.

Ladies and gentlemen, this game is hard enough as it is and we all love it or we wouldn't plunk down our hard earned cash to keep playing it. I'm telling you this for your good as well as my own. I have played this game almost every day for the last 5 years except for the occasional family emergency and a rather serious fight with bladder and prostate cancer. The last thing I want to see is your business fail and our loss of a truly amazing simulator to play with because of stupidly avoidable crap like this. I can speak for dozens of members that I play with on a daily basis. We are all getting pretty tired of this nonsense so please, please, please ... use something that I know is slowly dying ... common sense ... and get these ridiculous issues under control.

For those who I'm sure will take it upon themselves to remind me  I already KNOW that this is just a game. But I pay a lot of hard earned money to play it and THAT gives me the right to an occasional *** session so don't bother sending me some stupid reply about how trivial all of this may be.

• nicka420
    873 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 9:44 PM

didnt read the rant but im prob thinking the same thing. 

cheers.

• fgopdd
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 9:55 PM

ditto, wgt email me when u get ur sh t str8

• Sarah91
    3,227 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 11:45 PM

Definitely ALL what he said 

+

The stutter in game, whether it be the ball , meter or graphics is a JOKE.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 12:06 AM

you are clearly on point with your observations...sure hope it doesnt prevent you from getting an eventual invite to tour champion status....yet one more tweak instead of a fix they came up with.....lol

• singist
    22 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 5:18 AM

Could not agree more with OP: please roll back to before the maintenance! WGT is now a joke.... please DO something to address these complaints.

• SloMeaux
    71 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 8:04 AM

didnt read the rant but im prob thinking the same thing. 

cheers._____________________________________ Amazing comment,well thought out and I'd "prob" agree with it if I knew what the hell that meant.. I did read these serious concerns and  I am DEFINITELY thinking the same thing.. Well said..

• AlBUnderpar
    466 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 2:35 PM

I read all of MACBAR's posting above and I totally agree with everything he has mentioned...I have been a member on WGT since 2010 and I can honestly say I haven't seen this game so screwed up as it's become in all the preceding 5 years...all these odd, annoying, and persistent problems completely sap the enjoyment out of playing.

Now to shed  some light on all these so called "maintenance upgrade" issues...I have chatted with more than one player on WGT who happened to know WGT employees...what they told me seemed to clarify why things have gone so terribly wrong with this online game...they told me that "WGT has a common practice of hiring student programmers" who have not yet graduated from computer programming courses...they are not only inexperienced but incompetent...so it's no wonder why these upgrade issues persist!!!

I humbly suggest, WGT executives, that you hire some accredited professional programmers who can add the necessary upgrades without totally screwing up what was working just fine before any maintenance procedures were undertaken.

• Koreyman1111
    18 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 3:38 PM

Mac, You are my "Hero" in this game, Well said and put...thanks. Koreyman1111

• thestevster
    546 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 3:57 PM

AlBUnderpar:

I read all of MACBAR's posting above and I totally agree with everything he has mentioned...I have been a member on WGT since 2010 and I can honestly say I haven't seen this game so screwed up as it's become in all the preceding 5 years...all these odd, annoying, and persistent problems completely sap the enjoyment out of playing.

Now to shed  some light on all these so called "maintenance upgrade" issues...I have chatted with more than one player on WGT who happened to know WGT employees...what they told me seemed to clarify why things have gone so terribly wrong with this online game...they told me that "WGT has a common practice of hiring student programmers" who have not yet graduated from computer programming courses...they are not only inexperienced but incompetent...so it's no wonder why these upgrade issues persist!!!

I humbly suggest, WGT executives, that you hire some accredited professional programmers who can add the necessary upgrades without totally screwing up what was working just fine before any maintenance procedures were undertaken.

new wgt was run by a bunch of spotty teenagers...

they should pay us to play this bunch of crap..

steve

• PAGES
RSS