Forums

Help › Forums

Information about release 7/30/2015

Tue, Aug 18 2015 8:16 PM (142 replies)
  • RODY123
    376 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2015 5:40 AM

Hi ShamWow, just a small query you may be able to answer for me.  When I get an invite from a friend, and i accept, 9 times out of 10 nothing happens and then I have to remember where he wanted to play and then re-invite him and it works???

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2015 10:45 PM

pdb1:
    We all know this is all still Beta

Although the 'beta' graphics/ icons disappeared from the site aa fair while ago now. But how could it have so many continuing errors if it isnt in beta right?  LOL

pdb1:
    Since the claim is that a very small minority of members read and post in these forums . That would likely mean that a much smaller number of .members bother to report issues .

Correct!

pdb1:
    That is one the best reasons to post every fking detail in the forums as many times and as many little things we discover as we play . That is the only way they are ever going to get the real details of the problems . And give them something to actually work on . 

This is great in theory., however these forums are F*cked from the get go. They werent arranged properly to begin with , the admin here have very little privileges to monitor and police them.

There are so many OFF topic posts littered throughout these threads, new users unaware of how the forums work , pick a random thread and ask their question. Not their fault either.

If the forums were managed properly we would see threads on one topic and generated fand filled with users interested in that topic. Admin would be able to merge duplicate threads, delete and move posts to their correct threads.

As it is now its a mess. The same topic opened up in dozens of duplicate threads. How do the admin keep up?

How does WGT get any idea when users experiences are strwen over dozens of threads.

We tried once upon a time to create a 'new product suggestions' thread, we had a willing manger to update the OP as WGT offered updates on these suggestions. It worked for about a month or so. Everyone including me lost intrest when WGT werent interacting.

This was initiated after a 'Chat With MisterWGT" session went horribly awry in 2012.

The big guy was on camera, answering questions from the community. Some of the questions posed to him surprised him and were like he had never heard of them before. These were suggestions that had been bantered about the forums for years before hand.
    CC Owners issues etc etc ...  all he could replay was "great idea lets look into that"  - it was a hair pulling moment for many.

Seriously., The Shamwows and the BlueShoes and the Icons, all mean well, however i think they are Mushrooms to the whole process.

I am sure there is something going on like;

"yeah they're all going on about the cameras or something now, i lost the thread, OH heres one , yeah the cameras are makiing a swishing noise, they still babbling on about the meter and they dont like the new views..... Is whathisnames Girlfriend around maybe she can get her Mom to come and have a look again...... so.. yeah.. whats for lunch?"

or for the 5 years I have been here, that's certainly the impression they have left on me.

:/

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 1:09 AM

pdb1:
    I think our moderators are salaried ? Right ? IDK . But there are other forums where the moderators are all completely volunteers . They are dead serious in other forums .

Yep. I am sure they get paid, this is obvious due to the apathy of their actions.

if the Moderators were volunteers and taken from the community itself it would have a basis of knowledge these guys cant have.

Although it does have some fallback on the forum users, they are just going to run hell iin a chicken house without any direction. So tough moderation is the only way to educate. Users soon learn fast enough.

pdb1:

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

That guy was a peanut.

So many forum users called him out on lots of his double dutch and twisted reasonings.

He could have simply answered that user, provided a link to the correct area and then closed the thread.

AND if this was done to 30% of the posts running rampant currently, the forums would tidy up pretty quickly.
    But it needs 24hour attention, not these guys who are ashamed to work at WGT in the first place.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 11:58 AM

Hey guys, we issued a new update today to address some of the issues. Read more: 

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/330439/2326424.aspx#2326424

_CHAMPION

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2015 12:46 PM

SHRUDE:

As it is now its a mess. The same topic opened up in dozens of duplicate threads.

True. Then there are some times that some people (with exception) may try to put the topic in the best earlier thread then get snapped at "this thread is 2 years old!". Yea, but did you see I put it in the forum thread that applies most to the subject in detail?

RSS