Help › Forums

Strange Lies

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 15 2009 2:33 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2009 3:25 PM

I find myself coming up on the 5 month mark playing this game. I just thought i'd relay some of the strange lies i've found my ball in...when i've been able to find it : )

By now we all know the usual places IE:

The rough, the deep rough

The sand, hard sand

The fairway. The green, The fringe

But there are some places some of you may not know about,and I think I have found just about all of them,but I'm sure there's still a couple elusive ones

The Mulch...Don't land there

The Weeds..Yes actually says " In The Weeds"  Don't land there

The Very Deep Rough....Don't land there.

The latest for me....

The Dirt ! Yep that's right , DIRT ! Don't land there.

The one's I think are harder to find ?  I'm still looking.

In The Mud.... I keep hittin it close to the water and the swamp but it always says lost ball. I know if I get it just right it'll plop into the mud.

In The Tree...Keep waiting for the prompt asking if I want to climb up for second shot.

In the crapper....would you like to flush, or just take a drop   : -0

The hardest one to find.... IN THE HOLE !  Keep looking but it's rarely there

If there are any I've missed please let me know as I will aim there on my next round just to add to the frustration of this wonderful game.

Enjoy

Mike

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2009 3:32 PM

lol

Where'd you find dirt?

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2009 3:59 PM

Bethpage #8

Hook it hard left

Cart path ?

15-20% dirt

played like deep rough

20 yrds to hole, used 60 degree bout 35 power.....

in the rough 7 yrds to go... Sweet !

• tuffgolfer
    21 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 10:06 AM

You missed "hit the flagstick". I've done this a few times--and of course it has NEVER fallen in the hole, has never even stayed CLOSE TO the hole.  And then there are the putts that reach the lip of the hole but don't fall in; I get 2-3 of these per round. They usually lead to bogey.

Why is it that when I am putting, my simulacrum is on the green but MY perspective is, for instance,  from the sand-trap behind the green or even from across the green as if I am a member of a gallery watching my simulacrum play? If I am approaching the green from the rough or the sand and I am blind, even if I reverse the perspective, I am equally blind since I cannot see where I am hitting from. I literally have to look at the yardage, wind speed and direction, and guess how to hit a shot. Is this because I am tiered a "Pro"? If so, then Hell, can't wait to get to Master. That way I'll be playing the course from the perspective of watching it on the telly while in the clubhouse. ;o)

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 10:46 AM

Yeah hit the stick many times, with my ball careening off at a feverish clip.

Changing tier won't change the view you get, and certainly doesn't make you play any better. Try changing to reverse view, but this only works when putting, pitching, flopping, or chipping. If you're in full swing mode, switch to pitch to aim your shot, then back to full to take your swing. If you're in close up view, switch to full mode to get a larger picture, then back to your desired swing mode to take the shot

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 4:29 PM

No mud here

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 6:48 PM

Great View!

How the h$%& did you get there, might I ask???

Lee

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 7:01 PM

LOL!.. oh no... Now I am going to have to aim for that spot jsut to get that picture...

• pinkgirl34
    59 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 7:44 PM

That's interesting. :P Could I ask you how did you get 'in the mulch'?

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2009 9:56 AM

i am quits famous for finding random spots. just ask some people.

i was first to find 70/80 rough on #16. but last night lee suprised me...

he was -5 on #7, i said, look lee, i took this line before and got a kickass drive. no clue why he believed me, he took the same line and ended up 5-6 yards short in  70/80 rough. i didnt think that rough existed on BP, WRONG.

if u think other deep rough is bad, try that 1 :)

its located on the right side between sand and fairway behind the island in the big bunker;)

• PAGES
RSS