Forums

Help › Forums

Glenmorangie Challenge Qualifier

Tue, Aug 4 2015 11:07 AM (20 replies)
  • Cinski
    6 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 8:44 AM

Excuse me for asking but shouldn't the wind conditions be random on such a tournament. I just finished the round 1 on ST. Andrews and the wind was as follows;

1: Face wind

2: Face wind

3: Face wind

4: Face wind

5: Face wind

6. Side wind

7. Side wind

8: Face wind

9: Face wind

10: Face wind

11: Side wind

12 Side wind

13: Face wind

14: Face wind

15. Side wind

16. Side wind

17. Side wind

18: Face wind

So no Tail wind at all on 18 holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I had some slight tail wind on some of the side winds but mostly they were straight side wind or with a touch of face wind.

Is this really normal or was I extremely unlucky with the wind conditions?

BTW my score was not so bad under those conditions it was 65

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 11:16 AM

In this game the wind is supposedly random on every hole. You were indeed unlucky.

• rata78
    578 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2015 8:54 AM

more tournaments will be important and will be unfortunate .... trust me !!!

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2015 11:15 AM

I did hear announcers on the tube say  that with the changing of tides it is possible to get the same wind directions all holes.

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2015 9:29 PM

Wind shouldn't be random.  Change it each day but it shouldn't be random.  IMO, it's an easy way for WGT to show favoritism.   I have no idea how a player can shoot some of the scores we're seeing with some help.  Here's wgt's take on the wind.  It's a doozy!  Get some popcorn.  Fun thread. http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/200746.aspx

I'm not sure why they just don't ask all of us to vote.  Or at least give us all the same wind in Ready Go's (which I don't play for this very reason) and single play events (which is basically all that i do play.  that and alt shot).

• rata78
    578 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 1:44 PM

I am very angry about what I saw in the second round of glenmorangie.

good my first nine (-8), then things happen absurd to back nine (-2).

I had not even entered the game yesterday.

my shots magically grow shorter, I can not get close to less than 7 yards from the hole.

I will stop here, do not want to be vulgar.

(google traslator)

gl all

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2015 6:12 AM

IRISHPUNK:

Wind shouldn't be random.  Change it each day but it shouldn't be random.  IMO, it's an easy way for WGT to show favoritism.   I have no idea how a player can shoot some of the scores we're seeing with some help.  Here's wgt's take on the wind.  It's a doozy!  Get some popcorn.  Fun thread. http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/200746.aspx

I'm not sure why they just don't ask all of us to vote.  Or at least give us all the same wind in Ready Go's (which I don't play for this very reason) and single play events (which is basically all that i do play.  that and alt shot).

if you have no idea watch some of the videos, what amazes me about the best of the best, isnt just how close they hit it, allot of us can do that, though i am truly amazed by their putting, what really astonishes me is the amount of times they actually hole a shot!

it seems every few rounds to me, im not casting any doubt on them ive seen them live and they are just excellent

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2015 3:15 PM

On all par 3"s have been a tailwind..  Most realistic?????  Very good score though.  I tip my hat to you.  Today I played F9 on St. Andy.  Every hole was side wind, then got to 9.  Used 3W I went 324.  Only about 17-19 tail.  Sure, I'm a regular Hercules.  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

• PhiEaglesFan
    617 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2015 2:30 AM

Keep in mind it's not always "tailwind = help" and "headwind = hurt".  There are many times where a headwind or even a crosswind is ideal.  For example, I'll take a headwind on STA #2 and a right-to-left crosswind on STA #5  every time.

• Jresh0817
    1,414 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2015 5:40 AM

Yes,but in those same videos you will see a player miss the ding on wrong side and not be penalized as much or not even at all...I miss that same ding ,in same spot and my ball goes 15 yards or more offline....

Joshnosh:

IRISHPUNK:

if you have no idea watch some of the videos, what amazes me about the best of the best, isnt just how close they hit it, allot of us can do that, though i am truly amazed by their putting, what really astonishes me is the amount of times they actually hole a shot!

it seems every few rounds to me, im not casting any doubt on them ive seen them live and they are just excellent

RSS