Forums

Help › Forums

Why play for clubs when yours are better?????

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 15 2009 5:59 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Bigdre28
    16 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 7:06 PM

Ok i am raging right now. I don't understand why anybody would buy the brand new Rapture Clubs and then go play July BP Front 9 for Ping G10 clubs?!?!?!?

For the first time i'm in first place to hopefully have a chance to get better clubs than standard which im playing with and some st.... im sorry getting out of line here. But why in the world would anybody play for clubs that are a lot worse than what you have.

Even when i was in first place other competitors in the first places already had the Ping clubs.

I just think thats so unfair to play for something you can't use for anything at all and take the chance from other people who maybe can't afford to buy new clubs just to be the best and work their butts off with standard clubs and make it where certain people can only make it with the best of the best

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 7:18 PM

If you win clubs that you already have you get the credit amount for them instead.

• Bigdre28
    16 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 7:23 PM

oh my god then whats even the point in winning those stupid clubs. just make the damn tournament for credits and not clubs. I just can't believe this.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 7:33 PM

I guess you should have shot one shot better then!! Quit your cryin!!

• SandyMcMandy
    24 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 7:34 PM

Hey Bigdre, I have to be perfectly honest with you. In no way did i enter for winning the clubs, I never checked to see what the prize was, just figured it was for credits which we can all use. If you check my stats, you'll see that i really haven't won anything. Lately, I have been playing pretty good and i wanted to give the bbp front 9 a try since that is what wev'e been playing for multi play. Honestly, I had no intention on playing for the clubs. Hope this clears everything up, no hard feelings.

SandyMcmandy                                             : don't think that score will hold up anyway:

• Bigdre28
    16 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 7:37 PM

no thats just ridiculous making people believe they can actually compete in a tournament to win clubs when you also get credits if you already have those clubs. whats the point in making the clubs the prizes? just give the damn credit prizes then.

im not crying i just have no respect for people who beat me by one shot just because they bought the best clubs in a tournament that claims to be for clubs and not credits

*edit* im not mad at you sandy just mad at wgt for false advertising of the tournament

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 8:01 PM

I agree with the TS.

The tournament criteria for club prizes should be reconsidered by WGT.   Perhaps by having 1 tournament w/club prizes where only players playing with the default set are eligible to play in.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 8:09 PM

The tournament is for clubs, Bigdre.  If you don't have that club then you don't get a choice, you get the club.  You get the credits if and only if you already own that particular club and that's not actually guaranteed...

(ii) if any winner already owns the applicable prize at the time of winning, Sponsor may at its discretion award such winner WGT credits in as a substitute prize for each Tier...

There's no false advertising because it's all written in the rules that everyone forgets to read. Calm down, forget about it, stop blaming everyone else and WGT and try it again next time.  It was free after all and you're still in 2nd place.

*edit* Now, marioh has a good idea that's worth supporting.

• Bigdre28
    16 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 8:17 PM

lol calvin that is my same idea. i just didn't phrase it like he did because i was still mad about what just happened. i just don't see a point in giving out clubs but hey if you got them already we'll give you credits instead. I mean i might as well win the us open and instead of the prize i want the prize worth in cash please you know?

thats just not right.

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2009 5:41 PM

Some folks do not wish to, or cannot ,pay for clubs. With the buyback feature coming soon whats the problem. Just sell em back for credits if you don't want them. Or maybe try em, like em, and sell your other clubs back. Or don't play that tourney, and give someone else the chance to win the clubs they need. Problem solved

• PAGES
RSS