Help › Forums

Country Club Alternate Shot Bracket

Wed, Jul 8 2015 1:31 PM (24 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2015 8:51 AM

SweetiePie:

razza31:

Am I the only one who thinks this will not work?

You may be the only one. Why would it not work? What factors are being missed by everyone here but you?   ;-}

If for no other reason time factor . Just think how hard it would be to get 4 players on at the right time to play. And if your team advances 4 days in a row. Though not a tournament as such a better choice might me forming a Team on the ladder site .

• RodneyBlake
    510 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2015 12:43 PM

razza31:
    I think if you have a bracket tourney so partners would be fixed. As seen through the alt shot tourneys organised in CC its really tough to get all 4 members at the same time. While sometimes for one tournament people would make exceptions and rough up together a common time, for regular runs I don't think it'll be possible.

You do have a point there for some CC

But I feel this alt bracket tournys in cc would be easier to fill and organize than the single play bracket tournys.
    We have so many single play games here in Wgt where we play alone, especially in cc which is why I feel we need to have a Bracket style Alt, so our members can have fun & chat with each other.

I know we wouldnt have any trouble filling a alt bracket tourny in our club, But I guess we are lucky because all our members are from 1 country so the time zones all going to be the same for us.

Rodney

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2015 1:25 PM

RodneyBlake:

But I guess we are lucky because all our members are from 1 country so the time zones all going to be the same for us.

That would help lol... However looking around at most CCs you do have a mix of timezones(and playing time) to factor in.. 

We played TIO UEL Ryder Cup a while back and while it wasn't tough to find the game slot as we had a week to pick from. And it was mostly in part due to players willing to play 4:30 am and 11:30 pm as it was a one off event, they could make an exception. Doubt it'll be possible to do so everytime everyday. 

Also another case in brackets might be you get 3 in but no 4th player so who progresses? 

RSS