Forums

Help › Forums

Country Club Alternate Shot Bracket

Wed, Jul 8 2015 1:31 PM (24 replies)
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 2:05 PM

Siggi, maybe we all need to buy "bug be gone", or Raid.  Perhaps that's the problem.  I'll try anything at this point.

phred952

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 2:41 PM

Am I the only one who thinks this will not work?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 5:28 PM

razza31:

You may be the only one. Why would it not work? What factors are being missed by everyone here but you?   ;-}

• RodneyBlake
    510 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 6:15 PM

razza31:

At this stage it looks that way if you look at the comments above

Would you like to explain why you feel this will not work.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 8:40 PM

I think if you have a bracket tourney so partners would be fixed. As seen through the alt shot tourneys organised in CC its really tough to get all 4 members at the same time. While sometimes for one tournament people would make exceptions and rough up together a common time, for regular runs I don't think it'll be possible.

Great idea but the logistics of it all are bit tricky :)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2015 7:09 AM

razza31:

I think if you have a bracket tourney so partners would be fixed. As seen through the alt shot tourneys organised in CC its really tough to get all 4 members at the same time. While sometimes for one tournament people would make exceptions and rough up together a common time, for regular runs I don't think it'll be possible.

Great idea but the logistics of it all are bit tricky :)

From this perspective, there is validity to the concern. There are an amazing number of CC's here. From the 250 membership, high profile, types, ie TPC, down to many more with low membership numbers, along with those with strict criteria, down to no criteria, others controlled by almost martinet style of ownership to those with a lay-back, laissez-faire framework, and so on. I see the implementation of CC alt-shot as more of a very beneficial vehicle to increase the fellowship and comaraderie amongst the membership, which would seem to be more of the purpose of it as compared to, say, contests and competition....we can't know until it is tried.  ~ SP ~  

RSS