Forums

Help › Forums

Black R1

Thu, Jul 2 2015 3:17 PM (36 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2015 5:27 PM

hpurey:
     R15 had about 3 yards more carry which I would like but no way would I add a 4.5 meter club with everything else being 3.5( putter excluded).

Isn't it a scream ? The club is a complete disaster. Sales so poor it gets bumped down to L-100, with a black paint job and a slick new "Special Edition" marketing scheme to catch a few suckers. A mindless diaster not seen here since the days of that Max iron set with the 1.5 meter. As it stands, there is not a single intelligent reason to buy any driver right now if you have the Bertha 96.  ~ SP ~ 

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2015 7:25 AM

SweetiePie:

As it stands, there is not a single intelligent reason to buy any driver right now if you have the Bertha 96. 

I have to agree. I bought the L99 R1 because it makes me shout "BOOM!" every time I use it. Now the dog is whimpering, my wife is moving out, the neighbors are screaming, the police are banging on my door, I haven't eaten in 3 days, but all I want to do is yell "BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!" while i play Best of Par 5s over and over and over again. That driver has ruined my life and I don't care, I am haunted, captivated, "driven", obsessed.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2015 8:16 AM

ThreeSpot:

SweetiePie:

As it stands, there is not a single intelligent reason to buy any driver right now if you have the Bertha 96. 

I have to agree. I bought the L99 R1 because it makes me shout "BOOM!" every time I use it. Now the dog is whimpering, my wife is moving out, the neighbors are screaming, the police are banging on my door, I haven't eaten in 3 days, but all I want to do is yell "BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!" while i play Best of Par 5s over and over and over again. That driver has ruined my life and I don't care, I am haunted, captivated, "driven", obsessed.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

I rented the L103...now my wife is whimpering, the dog moved out, the police are screaming, the neighbors are banging on my door, and no one's eaten me in 3 days.

Small world, eh?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2015 10:21 AM

ThreeSpot:
    I have to agree. I bought the L99 R1 because it makes me shout "BOOM!" every time I use it.

Exactly...and for match-play games against Bertha owners, it is tops! By using it, you will always get to hit first to apply pressure with the approach shots. ;-}

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2015 10:50 AM

SweetiePie:

hpurey:
     R15 had about 3 yards more carry which I would like but no way would I add a 4.5 meter club with everything else being 3.5( putter excluded).

Isn't it a scream ? The club is a complete disaster. Sales so poor it gets bumped down to L-100, with a black paint job and a slick new "Special Edition" marketing scheme to catch a few suckers. A mindless diaster not seen here since the days of that Max iron set with the 1.5 meter. As it stands, there is not a single intelligent reason to buy any driver right now if you have the Bertha 96.  ~ SP ~ 

Yeppers

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2015 4:57 AM

Yay!  Just picked this up a few hours ago.  Gotta find out the sweet spot's to hit it still but so far so good!!  Definitely a BIG improvement over my 282 driver ;)

• HungryJoseph
    14 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2015 3:17 PM

11BC2:

Are we talking about the limited time R1 Obama shaft in the pro shop right now for level 93+?  Any idea how long this club will be available?  I'd buy it this very second if I was allowed but seeing how I'm only level 91.........

I'm thinking about going crazy with some serious hours to get to level 93 but I don't see how I can get there any sooner than 7-10 days.  Still be available then?

So how did u get to level 93 so quickly?

RSS