Forums

Help › Forums

Bugs in new Release 6/25/15

Fri, Jul 10 2015 9:50 AM (113 replies)
  • Bunnyslope
    28 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 8:23 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I had my STARTER set saved and I can't go back to my Competitive Sets!

Aaaauuuugggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 8:39 AM

xxxhogheadxxx:
    I always shut down all other windows when playing this game.

I do so, too, for important rounds.

But, in the morning, I simultanously prepare my CDP game and open the newest posts, sometimes a whole page from the list.

And thanks for the hint, BTB, but I don't want too much hustle - one browser must do it!

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 9:02 AM

WGT, please improve your pre-release QA. I have 2 suggestions that I believe, if implemented, will be immediately impactful.

1. Cut off software development one week prior to release. This allows time for adequate QA. During this time, the software development team starts work on the next release, but is available as needed to fix any issues that are detected.
    2. Make a written test plan and follow it prior to every release. To start, include at least visual inspection of all user-selectable screens and the play of every hole. Update it as necessary when bugs are discovered to ensure they don't crop up again. 

Allowing one week (or some set amount of time) for QA is a difficult transition. The tendency is to try to cram every last little bit of goodness in right up to the release point. But the benefits of this approach will be immediate: developers will not have to go into emergency fix mode on each release (and thereby having to stop work on the next release) and customers will not be unhappy or inconvenienced.

Thank you for your consideration.

• Berryblue
    53 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 9:56 AM

I'm having some of the same issues. In addition to that, the "new" ad flopping on the game client screen just drives me nuts. I can't shut it off and can't stand having it flip back and forth all the time. The "new" camera at the bottom won't let me switch angles to watch another player from back like it use to, the stupid ambient sounds and environmental sounds keep becoming audible on each new tee even though they're shut off in options. Really annoying when that STUPID airplane sound revs up just as I'm getting ready to play. Just before the update, the dang dots were either not moving or not giving a good representation of the break. It's just very, very, very frustrating....all these little annoyances stay with each "new" update and nothing gets fixed.....

• DaveDwingdale
    1,240 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 10:48 AM

TheAceFactor:

Really the only negative I've experienced thus far would be finishing an 18 hole CC tourny with no "x"  off scorecard , no "close" , no "main menu" option, no way at all to close the game out and return to game client other than  "x" off browser entirely or "refresh".     ??? 

Ace, just hit "enter". That worked for me.

Or, right click and select "show all".  That will increase the size of the scorecard and put it on top of the ad.

A pain in the butt, I know, but it gets around the screw up by WGT

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 10:48 AM

alosso:
    And thanks for the hint, BTB, but I don't want too much hustle - one browser must do it!

I have Comodo Dragon set up to load directly to the game client and I have SRWare Iron and Waterfox set up to load directly to the Peanut Lab page. Doing it this way does 2 things. It keeps the cache in the browser that I play with cleaner and it loads the game client much faster than going through Play now. And it is really no hassle what so ever. 

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 10:54 AM

I don't know if it is a bug or if WGT intentionally made the change but now like in the mobile version you can hit any shot from the reverse view. Before this update the only shots that could be hit from the reverse view were  chips, pitches and putts

Edit. There are still some shots still can't be hit from the reverse view. I just played a CTTH round @ BPB on 7 of the holes the shot could be hit from the reverse view and on 2 of them (# 4) and (#9) the shot could not be hit from the reverse view so that leads me to believe that this is another bug from this update. 

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 11:17 AM

lol...they can delete a post that calls them out in unfavourable words in about 2 minutes.....but, they can't use the same diligence with a system update to fix their game....

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 11:43 AM

borntobesting:
    I have Comodo Dragon set up to load directly to the game client and I have SRWare Iron and Waterfox set up to load directly to the Peanut Lab page. Doing it this way does 2 things. It keeps the cache in the browser that I play with cleaner and it loads the game client much faster than going through Play now. And it is really no hassle what so ever. 

Three browsers and four lines of explanation - no hassle at all? I need it simple.

(note to self: examine the difference of hassle and hustle)

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Jun 26 2015 11:53 AM

I don't see what you see alosso and I use FF, just letting u know.

RSS