Help › Forums

The Open 2015 at St. Andrews

Mon, Jul 20 2015 8:34 PM (370 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2015 9:04 AM

Tee times for Thursday 

http://www.theopen.com/TeeTimes#!/R1

Not sure when the live TV starts tho. I believe SKY will be sending earlier than others.

I see at 8.33 am T Watson, Els & Snedecker will play together........the granddaddies will have to let some groups through according to St. Andrews course inspectors (NO SLOW PLAY).....LOL

Eric 

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2015 10:15 AM

If there's a tie, what about having a stroke round or two on St. A. to decide the winner, and maybe include handicaps for tier differences?

Free to view - BBC, Golf Channel & Sky Sports etc:   golf channel live stream 

TV Listings:

display.asp?channelid=19&programme=Sport&programme day=16+July+2015&programme time=allday&submit=Search

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2015 10:56 AM

Dubfore:

If there's a tie, what about having a stroke round or two on St. A. to decide the winner, and maybe include handicaps for tier differences?

Free to view - BBC, Golf Channel & Sky Sports etc:   golf channel live stream 

TV Listings:

display.asp?channelid=19&programme=Sport&programme day=16+July+2015&programme time=allday&submit=Search

Great idea the tie thing at St. Andrews Dub ; )) although, it might be a little problematic if players do not agree a match game, after all it is not specified in the competitions "rules" and it is too late to "change" those rules.....lol

However, if there is a tie, I will ask the players to play the sleeves that way, if they do not like the idea, I will give the prize to the first one that posted its pick.

About the tv links Dub, there are not HD right?

I have installed AceStream in my pc and there are several links to watch it for free in HD quality.  Here is a Russian link (possible to translate) and find many sport channels

http://torrent-tv.ru/channels.php

There are also other AcStream channel list in the net to find those TV cannels sending The Open live.

Eric

edit. I edit the first post asking to play the prizes in a match game

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2015 11:49 AM

It looks like the Scottish summer weather is going to have a big say in the outcome of the Championship. Not as windy as it could be but windy enough to cause problems.

• Outlook for Thursday to Saturday

Mainly dry with some sunshine on Thursday. Wet, windy weather extending to all parts on Thursday night. Staying unsettled on Friday and Saturday with further rain. Also windy at times.

• Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday looking much the same as Friday with a slight drop in the wind speed.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2015 12:18 PM

Cant wait for it, never watched a tournament at St Andrews since i started playing this so will be interesting. Glad its on the BEEB as well. Got a box that i can watch US coverage and SKY coverage but the BEEB is the business. Peters little ooos and ahhhs in comentary, priceless ;-) 

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2015 1:19 PM

The open and the 2nd Cricket Test match against the Aussies at Lords both start Thursday, guess l  ill be watching the golf with muted sound, with the Cricket BBC Radio T.M.S team  Simultaneously

who said men cannot multi Task lol

Dave

• dandycap
    1,809 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2015 3:22 AM

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2015 9:40 AM

Live sending at the moment

http://www.theopen.com/

Great seeing the top contenders playing together with the old champions : )))

Haha, talking about the green fee when the old champions were young and practice at St. Andrews, 300% more expensive now!!!

1 DAY TO GO!!!!

Eric

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2015 10:20 AM

daveparr:

The open and the 2nd Cricket Test match against the Aussies at Lords both start Thursday, guess l  ill be watching the golf with muted sound, with the Cricket BBC Radio T.M.S team  Simultaneously

who said men cannot multi Task lol

Dave

If you're playing along, don't get confused and start hitting sixes!

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Jul 15 2015 11:48 AM

dandycap:

Damn early in the US indeed...LOL

Well, same for us when the Us Open, never saw the last 3 groups finish it, it was about 3-4 am for us here in Europe : )))

Eric

RSS