Forums

Help › Forums

The Open 2015 at St. Andrews

Mon, Jul 20 2015 8:34 PM (370 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2015 11:06 AM

LOL,Eric are you cracking up with all this. I suggest you look at your list again mate

Bubbs

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2015 11:51 AM

bubbsboy:

LOL,Eric are you cracking up with all this. I suggest you look at your list again mate

Bubbs

LOLserver:

Must say, nobody has chosen A. Scott, Stenson, Woods, Jimenez, Kaymer, Garcia, Bubba, etc...........

Well, still some days to go for picks.

Eric

Hahahaha.
    Small mistakes happen even to the best in the field....ask Tiger  : )))
    Eric
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2015 9:37 AM

zagraniczniak:

We wish......lol. He has a "virtual golf swing" not a virtual golf game.

Eric

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2015 9:55 AM

Some news....Rory is OUT

After much consideration, I have decided not to play in the Open Championship at St. Andrews. I’m taking a long term view of this injury and, although rehab is progressing well, I want to come back to tournament play when I feel 100% healthy and 100% competitive. Thank you for all your support and best wishes. I hope to be back on the course as soon as I can.... In the mean time, come on Andy!!!

Hell Bunker at St. Andrews rebuilt ahead of Open Championship

The Open Championship returns to St. Andrews next week, and the grounds crew has been busy for months getting the Old Course into tip-top shape. Atop the to-do list was rebuilding as many as 50 of the course's 112 bunkers – including the famed "Hell Bunker" on the par-5 14th hole.

The Hell Bunker is the second most famous bunker on the Old Course, behind only the "Road Bunker" on the 17th hole. It is also one of the world's biggest – it is 6 ½ feet deep and covers more than 300 square yards – and has captured more than its share of golfers who dared to challenge it. 

Among them is Jack Nicklaus, who made a quintuple-bogey 10 on the hole back in the 2000 Open Championship after straying into its cavernous maw. Small consolation, but Nicklaus wasn't in contention at the time. Back in 1933, though, Gene Sarazen was trying to defend the Claret Jug when he entered Hell and came out with an 8 – and missed out on a playoff by a single shot.

"Rebuilding such a vast bunker differs from the others on the course," Greenkeeper Martin Turna explained in a post on the St. Andrews Trust website. The Hell Bunker's sod face is so tall, and the bunker itself so big, that refurbishing it is a multi-step process that began with removing all the sand, digging out the sod in the face and lifting the turf above the bunker.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2015 6:56 PM

So my pick goes and wins The Scottish Open, dammit, only Mickelson did that a few years back, winning back to back.

Still in with a shout I guess.

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2015 7:31 AM

The Open  @ St. Andrews  July 16-19

There's some great prices at Paddy Powers who give the best golf odds.  You can get €30 in free bets if you sign up with €10 online. 

My tips:

Luis Oosthuizen  22/1  ~  Ricky Fowler 22/1  ~ Paul Casey  30/1 ~  Shane  Lowry ~ 35/1  ~   Bernd Weisberger  66/1   ~  Graham McDowell 100/1  ~  Andy Sullivan 150/1  ~ Raf Cabrera-Bello 200/1

Top 7 payout ~ Latest odds  open championship    Good luck if you have a bet on.

Watch all tournaments live and free to view:  golf live streaming  

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2015 9:30 AM

54-hole leader: Thomas Aiken

Winner: Thomas Aiken -13

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2015 10:39 AM

Picks in the box :

• lol, Rose -11
    • Bufallo, Mc Ilroy -12
    • Mushy, Mickelson -12
    • Yankee, Spieth - 14
    • Pault, Stenson -9
    • Als, Spieth - 11
    • don, Ooosthizen 10
    • bubbs, D Johnson - 15
    • Corwyn, Poulter - 14
    • gdog, A. Scott -11
    • andys, Snedeker - 13
    • sweet, Woods - 9
    • onee, Fowler - 16
    • Nicole, Gallacher - 16
    • Stobs, Casey - 11
    • craig, Day - 11
    • Ron, B Watson - 9
    • twin, Reed - 14
    • vesta, Garcia - 13
    • adey, Grace - 14
    • onee, B. Watson - 14
    • 1enig, Donald - 12
    • razza, F Molinari - 12
    • cycle, Bradley - 2
    • Gold, Spieth - 9
    • IDean, D. Johnson - 13
    • Zag, Spieth - 13
    • capp, Dowell - 11
    • Dub, Oosthuizen - 12
    • Three, Aiken - 13
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2015 10:41 AM

Dubfore:

The Open  @ St. Andrews  July 16-19

There's some great prices at Paddy Powers who give the best golf odds.  You can get €30 in free bets if you sign up with €10 online. 

My tips:

Luis Oosthuizen  22/1  ~  Ricky Fowler 22/1  ~ Paul Casey  30/1 ~  Shane  Lowry ~ 35/1  ~   Bernd Weisberger  66/1   ~  Graham McDowell 100/1  ~  Andy Sullivan 150/1  ~ Raf Cabrera-Bello 200/1

Top 7 payout ~ Latest odds  open championship    Good luck if you have a bet on.

Watch all tournaments live and free to view:  golf live streaming  

Thanks for the info m8 : )))

4 DAYS TO THE START OF THE OPEN!!!!

Eric

RSS