Forums

Help › Forums

I just turned master... Any Tips???

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 24 2010 9:52 AM (20 replies)
  • stencil
    455 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2010 4:01 PM

I just turned master and doing pretty good.  I have played all courses and finished all rounds up to this point just like i was told to in the forums. But since i recently turned master and moved back in the tees. I would like some tips on equipment, little tricks on each hole, or what i need to improve on in my game. Feel free to look on my profile.

Merry Christmas,

Stencil

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2010 7:05 PM

Congratulations Stencil...and Merry Christmas to you too.

Ace

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2010 7:30 PM

Tips ?    Umm, "an 8.5 degree cannon" on the tee box and  "a wedge that spins like a Dyson vacuum cleaner"          

Ace

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2010 7:57 PM

Way to go Stencil. Congratulations.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2010 8:32 PM

Stencil,

congrats. It isn't as bad as some make it seem, but I can tell you from memory that the first few weeks seem like hell, until you get used to it. The trick is getting much more accurate with your long irons, and trying to squeeze every last yard out of the driver. Topspin with a tailwind will give ya more carry if hitting the fairway, and yet, some fairways where you need a bit of extra flight to carry a hazard require bottom spin. Just takes practice.

Not sure about your equipment, but I was lucky enuf to go master before the thoughtless levels were put in pace and tied to equipment availability. I had all the longest master drivers and such in place, and didn't have to wait to level up enough to get the stuff to allow me to reach the fairways. I feel bad for those going master without having that stuff in place already, that makes it a much longer road.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2010 8:39 PM

stencil:
    what i need to improve on in my game

Get a faster IS or move closer to civilization.....2-3 min to connect wasting game time.. lol

Way to go with the step-up   :0)

• Switz71
    278 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2010 8:57 PM

Congrats Stencil !

For me besides the clubs, I brought out the hockey helmet and duct taped reinforced foam padding to the wall. :P

Happy hitting & good luck with the promotion!

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2010 9:53 PM

Another satin wedge and a set of G10's should do it.

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2010 10:17 PM

Hey there Stencil. Congratulations on becoming a "Master". And welcome to the club. Now you asked for some tips and or some club tips. I can only tell you what clubs I bought once I turned "master" and what I did till I got to the necessary levels to buy the clubs. All my opinion of course as your eventually going to find the clubs that best suit you.

Now if I remember correctly from looking at your profile your at level 47? I was around that same level when I reached the "master" tier. I had the Pro TM Tour Burner set. And once I figured out what I needed I just buckled up and played a lot using pro clubs on master tee's. So I would just try to get used to teeing off from the master tee's.

As far as clubs go I got to totally agree with "TheAceFactor. You want to get a driver that goes about 270+. The TM R9 8.5degree driver goes 275yds and can be bought at level 62. Quite a few including myself use this and absolutely love it. Others use the G10 series 270 driver. Some even use the drivers above the R9. So personal preference and what kind of meter you can handle will play into it as with any club you get.

Now as far as the 3wood goes I have the G10 series that goes 235yds. Its unlocked at level 58. I haven't used any other 3wood so that all the help I can be here.

Next on to your irons. Now this is going to be weather or not you want irons that have a high trajectory or not. Remember.......the higher the trajectory the better shot at the ball has stopping where it lands. And even spinning back depending on the club used and ball. Anyways I use the G10 series irons that go from 210yds down to 115yds unlocked at level 59. They have the high trajectory which is great when your playing at BPB. 

I noticed you carry 3 wedges and no hybrid. I do exactly the same thing. Now which 3 will "in my opinion" depend on your smallest rated iron in distance. Mine is rated at 115yds. So what I tried to do was cover my distance's from 50yds all the way up to the 115yd iron. So I own a 50yd, 77yd, and 98yds wedge. All are Taylor Made wedges. I went with them because they have the best spin of any other brand wedges. So anyways I have a wedge for most scenario's. And there isn't too much distance in between my wedge and iron. So look into that set but also get more opinions.

Then lastly "in my opinion" the GI-SD vapor balls (well vapor optional) are the best one's in the game. They have good distance and spin, along with good feel and OK durability. They cost starting at 137credits (for the light blue, cheapest ones). So combined with all of the clubs I listed, they help slow the meter down a bit and provide a decent amount of spin with your wedges and smaller rated irons.

Well I know this was long and sorry about that. But I hope this helps ya. In the mean time until you get to a higher level just practice, practice, practice from those "master" tee's. Because if you can use "pro" clubs off of "master" tee's then you can certainly use "master" clubs off of "master" tee's.                                                                -"Master"Yoda

PS. Also totally agree with "vanhalenlover" about the use of the spin on a ball. HUGE factor when playing. If you haven't already expirement and practice using ALL types of spin. This among other things is going to help you tremendously.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2010 10:43 PM

stencil:

I just turned master and doing pretty good...

...But since i recently turned master and moved back in the tees...

...what i need to improve on in my game...

Merry Christmas,

Stencil

Pay more attention to where your newly created "Master-tier" shots land, and where you'd have liked them to land.

Strive to make the former, the latter.

Congrats & Merry Christmas.  :)

RSS