Forums

Help › Forums

Please get rid of these extreme green speeds - very slow and ultra fast

Tue, Oct 29 2019 2:07 PM (34 replies)
  • fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 5:21 AM

WGTicon:

I actually agree and it's a good point, so I'll bring it up. 

-wgticon

Would be a good opportunity to fix the incorrect green speed labels too. Slow 7 labelled as Very Slow, Fast 8 labelled as Standard, Tournament 11 labelled as Very Fast, Champ 14.5 was coming up as null (not sure if it still is, don't see this speed often).

Otherwise we will have the VUSO conditions displayed for each round without being certain what speed we should actually be practising (should anyone wish to practice!).

• TY2000MY
    1,710 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 8:16 AM

WGTicon:

-wgticon

I would hate to see them go away, they are fun for just messing around events to torture my cc brothers. I would like to see them vanish from random setting for cc events. but, I set many of our Clubs POTM events and always select the speeds there so never really an issue. If possible just make them disappear from the ready go and such WGT SET events. JMO

Tyler

• droolingtroll
    107 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 12:50 PM

on gradual inclines or any decline fine ... but the steep incline puts just do not play real ... we are also discussing this within our cc ... i am sure it will work out fine with a little patience

still love the game except when trying to pick up some fast credits and the offer says it will take 10 minutes and 40 minutes later i am still answering the same questions for the 7th time ... might want to keep em honest

the original drooling troll (ya the espn fantasy sports legend is now on wgt)

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 1:51 PM

oneeyedjohn:

Why, because they can be selected when setting up a random conditions tournament in a CC, as I have just done.

4 ranked random condion 18 hole rounds and I find the first round is 'very slow'

Just ridiculous.

Noone wants this and it just ruins a good tournament.

Unless I go through and set it all up again using advanced options, which I am not inclined to do.

Please WGT, exclude these green speeds for random CC tournaments.

It is called random for a reason.   If you take something away it is no longer random!   my nickle.

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 1:56 PM

fmagnets:

WGTicon:

-wgticon

Would be a good opportunity to fix the incorrect green speed labels too. Slow 7 labelled as Very Slow, Fast 8 labelled as Standard, Tournament 11 labelled as Very Fast, Champ 14.5 was coming up as null (not sure if it still is, don't see this speed often).

Otherwise we will have the VUSO conditions displayed for each round without being certain what speed we should actually be practising (should anyone wish to practice!).

I agree the "number" labels have just made it more confusing. I understand what the intention was, but don't think it helps that much. As far as the extreme speeds, I think it makes for a challenge. The TL and L in my old club struggled with the slow speeds like those of lower tiers with the faster greens. It added a little "shake up" to club tourneys.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 2:02 PM

After a complete read of this topic, I see it as the more enlightened players/clubs just don';t want to bother spending a few extra moments to set up their whatevers so they can play.  I personally do not play these speeds as i concentrate on stroke games to get my 500 games in as a legend.

I can see where it entails extra work(?) to set a tournament up so all the members will like it, and choose to play.   This should not be the the manifest reason for eliminating these speeds from general availability as it is now.

If you want a specific speed for your tournament , I say go get it, and leave that which you do not want alone, sombody else might want it.  my nickle...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 2:22 PM

lee22sharon:
     It is called random for a reason.   If you take something away it is no longer random!

Taking something away makes it not random? What kind of logic is that? All that is being asked is for the number of choices to be reduced by the abstract speeds. 6 green speeds is more than enough to have a random selection.

The amount of work the OP does in our CC with tournaments is astounding. Having to laboriously set up 4 rounds manually is time consuming and the random function eases that. It isn't about him being lazy.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 2:29 PM

Having the job in my CC of setting tournaments, requires me to do this at least 1/2 dozen times per month, every month, and for a four round tourney that is quite a bit of fiddling around.

The choice of these speeds can still be an option, but what is important is that they are not used in the default for random conditions.

Hope that clears up ur clear misunderstanding of my initial request.

My post is directed at nickle woman above.  Looks like some editing has gone on. Did someone say 'lazy'.

Please do not get this thread twisted all outta shape.

Icon has promised to bring it up, and that is all I can ask for.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 3:25 PM

YankeeJim:

lee22sharon:
     It is called random for a reason.   If you take something away it is no longer random!

Taking something away makes it not random? What kind of logic is that? All that is being asked is for the number of choices to be reduced by the abstract speeds. 6 green speeds is more than enough to have a random selection.

The amount of work the OP does in our CC with tournaments is astounding. Having to laboriously set up 4 rounds manually is time consuming and the random function eases that. It isn't about him being lazy.

I never mentioned "lazy".

If it is, It IS!  If it wasn't, It wouldn't be, but it is.  Live with it. A simple way to look at it, and maybe not the only way to view this particular problem.

Certainly there are other ways to do this, without removing choices that we already have.  Perhaps there are MANY others who enjoy these other green speeds.  Your going to take that away from them?

perhaps it isn't all the choices to be made but the way these happenings must be set up is the real problem.  I'm all for streamlining a proceedure, as long as it does not interfer or negate what others already have.  my nickle.

ps, try removing all the aces from a deck of cards and then play "21"  are the cards being played still random?  Maybe, but there will not be a "21".

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2015 4:49 PM

Good gravy, Lee, it was a simple request that was even acknowledged by a WGT voice. Spend your nickels on something else.

RSS