Forums

Help › Forums

the best Browsers to use.

Fri, Dec 23 2016 4:08 PM (33 replies)
  • Les1999
    4 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2015 7:31 PM

Hi Guys,

I used to use Maxthon Cloud as my WGT playing browser as I found this, along with Google Chrome, to be the most stable, however a couple of weeks ago neither will let me play WGT anymore and I was wondering why not ....???

Could this be WGT is blocking opening up in these browsers or is it something else.

I have the same problem on my Desktop PC and my Laptop and now can only open the Game Window using Comodo Dragon which sometimes jerks and sticks.

Does anyone have either a solution, or a reason why this has happened ....????

cheers, Les1999

• spg777
    40 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2015 7:53 PM

If you have a 64 bit operating system, give Waterfox a try. I have tried them all and it's the best for me.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2015 8:43 PM

Les ,  open maxthon's settings (top right) make sure your browser core looks like this

: Ultra ->  Retro

If it's reversed it won't run...Been there , done that...LoL

Ace

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2015 8:55 PM

I've tried around 20 but I always come back to Maxthon 3.

• jayheels
    148 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 6:37 AM

You could try SuperBird.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 6:38 AM

Except for a couple of short stints with Firefox and Chrome, I've always used Internet Explorer with no issues.

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 8:46 AM

I used Firefox for years but a few weeks ago it went too hell on me. So I tried Maxthon and like it, no problems at all !! The only thing I have found wrong with it is in Full Screen mode, I cannot use the WGT course chat box. I have to be in smaller screen for it to work. Lucky me, most of my friends use Skype !

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 9:57 AM

I might have tried over 10 recommended browsers for WGT games. I was looking for a smooth meter browser plus one that would use minimal CPU power because I was streaming WGT on Twitch w/ a small laptop.

I ended up w/ Comodo Dragon as a good one overall, yet Opera was one of the only browsers that registered a CPU under 100% while streaming. Sometimes the CPU would go as low as approx. 70% (my Dell is about 2-3 GB RAM)

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 10:17 AM

Other than IE they all work fine once you get them set up right...

I have used FF since day 1 and found when it acts up it is usually something else on my computer creating a conflict...once I figured out it was my software firewall, updated it and everything was fine again...

I have used all of them too(opera/commodo/maxthon/chrome/etc etc), but FF is already setup, I know it well, so I stick with it and seldom have issues....

• Pootick
    1,185 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 10:32 AM

spg777:
    If you have a 64 bit operating system, give Waterfox a try. I have tried them all and it's the best for me.

I also have used Waterfox now for 2 years. I have never cleared my cache nor history. From my experience it is always with a smooth meter and I haven't had the first problem with it. I am a big Waterfox fan.

RSS