Mon, Jun 1 2015 10:49 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • derekortt
    656 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2015 10:24 AM

alosso:

derekortt:
    chambers BAY is hard?

The VUSO qual. set-up is hard for Pros resp. for players of lower level, without top equipment. Perhaps you should consider to read a bit more to internalize the information given properly before bashing someone.

All VUSO events are impossible for low level players. However, I'd strongly recommend that they play many rounds. It is how I learned the game back in 2013.

That said, it seems as if it is much easier than Merion was for low level players in 2013, where we couldn't even reach several of the fairways

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2015 11:12 AM

The Virtaul US Open is similar to the real US Open.    Many people attempt to qualify for the tournament via local and sectional qualifying.    However few of the thousands who try to qualify make it.     If you are a tour pro on WGT you are pretty much the same as a club player who can shoot a good round every now and then and maybe get your handicap down low enough to register and attempt to qualify for the US Open.   However most of those players in real golf don't make it through the first level of sectional qualifying.   It's the same here, the lowe rleve players just aren't going to make it.

Practice more and get better and you will be able to compete to qaulify.

• Mizuno44
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2015 10:49 AM

Played 18 for the first time there yesterday. Shot around a 1000 the first round then pounded some bourbon, came back, and shot a, cough, respectable 77 the next. I did get a pretty blue Lexus meter ball for my futility.

Good times...

• PAGES
RSS