Forums

Help › Forums

#12 Chambers Putting challenge

Mon, May 11 2015 11:22 AM (56 replies)
  • fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2015 4:58 PM

Tried for longer: As close as I could get before I got bored. Not sure it is possible from here without colliding with the pin and dropping....

Perhaps someone will be able to conjour some magic from near this spot.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2015 7:21 PM

fmagnets:

Tried for longer: As close as I could get before I got bored. Not sure it is possible from here without colliding with the pin and dropping....

Perhaps someone will be able to conjour some magic from near this spot.

I've been trying, off and on most of the afternoon, to hit that damn pin from up there! LOL

This one ended up 15 feet in front of the pin.

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Fri, May 8 2015 9:56 PM

I tried up there for hours yesterday and gave up on it. Can't get anywhere right of the pin. The best I could do was 8 ft left of the hole - and that was a miracle!

Then I went to play a single play tourn and forgot to change over from starter balls   Grrrr!!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2015 9:22 AM

I know I've been at this waaay too much.  Anyone else see these things on #12?

Hail? Fireflies? Pod spores?  Someone call Yancy!

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2015 9:30 AM

I had those same dots   lol 

I figured it was a special holographic bonus you get after 1000 attempts!!

You are as MAD as me Andyson   :)

The Hakman

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2015 12:09 PM

Happy to hear you saw the dots too!  I thought I was seeing spots!

I agree, we are MAD to continue our quest! LOL

I gave it 300+ tries this morning according to my XPs mainly trying to hit the pin.

You'd think it would be as easy as falling off a piece of cake?1

Not once this morning, or yesterday!  Running over the left of the cup, running over the right of the cup, but never a single deflection off a pin!

Then this morning I got this.  Right over the center of the cup ffs! Hit the back of the cup and went airborne!  NO PIN TO STOP IT?  But I never took the pin out!

That was enough to kill any willingness to continue to try and hole that shot.....at least this morning.

But I did try to sink the shot stuck to the side of the hill behind the pin @ 14yards. 

Here's a replay of what happened next.

I can't believe that happened!

1. mkg335, Mixing Metaphors But You Can't Make Him Drink, 842

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2015 12:33 PM

oh wow.. shoot. I didnt expect that haha!

epic :)

since you guys had so much fun. here is what I propose

find another fun event to do and tell me about it, so that we can have some fun with it

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2015 6:40 AM

WGTicon:

find another fun event to do and tell me about it, so that we can have some fun with it

On the same theme - long distance putting on Chambers Bay. I had a hunt around for where we could do round #2 that was  real challenge.

The 4th hole looks the goods.

So Icon -- how about giving the full week to see who can post the longest putt on Chambers Bay #4 ?? 

Don't make it the 1st 10 to post pls -- as lots of people did not see this until there were already 10 posts.  Pay a sleeve of balls to the top 10 distances posted through the whole week.  Somebody keen will no doubt keep a table to show what distance is required to make the top 10.

To get the ball rolling   (see what I did there?!?)   I've rolled this one in from 223 ft. I know there is more in it - as this was choked down - at 100% I can stick it in the back bunker from here. I'm guessing something over 80yds might clinch it.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=e9a2c27d-33c6-430a-b5b5-a49400d8d505

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2015 8:57 AM

hakman123:

WGTicon:

On the same theme - long distance putting on Chambers Bay. I had a hunt around for where we could do round #2 that was  real challenge.

The 4th hole looks the goods.

So Icon -- how about giving the full week to see who can post the longest putt on Chambers Bay #4 ?? 

Don't make it the 1st 10 to post pls -- as lots of people did not see this until there were already 10 posts.  Pay a sleeve of balls to the top 10 distances posted through the whole week.  Somebody keen will no doubt keep a table to show what distance is required to make the top 10.

To get the ball rolling   (see what I did there?!?)   I've rolled this one in from 223 ft. I know there is more in it - as this was choked down - at 100% I can stick it in the back bunker from here. I'm guessing something over 80yds might clinch it.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=e9a2c27d-33c6-430a-b5b5-a49400d8d505

thats crazy Neil, great putt

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2015 10:40 AM

Awesome putt Neil!

I was thinking, since Icon wrote The Book on short game, perhaps a longest chip or pitch or flop contest on one of these crazy greens.  Something to think about at least.

Anyway, I'll second Hakman's suggestion for a putting contest on CB #4. 

(I might need to find a vg divorce lawyer though. )

And good suggestion not to make it a 1st ten to post contest what with time zones and whatnots.

Thanks for doing this Icon!

Andy

RSS