Forums

Help › Forums

COUNTRY CLUBS DAVIS CUP TOURNAMENT

Fri, Jul 3 2015 2:06 PM (384 replies)
  • SuperKanga
    3,628 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 1:14 PM

On behalf of the Scoundrels & Wenches Green Team I congratulate Aphrodite CC for their most deserving win.

Who knows what the outcome may have been if we had not been a player short, but I think the odds would have been against us anyway, against class competition.

I'm just so incredibly proud we made it as far as we did with such a disadvantage.

Many thanks to Alberto and Carlo for another magnificent display of how to properly manage a Tournament...congratulations gentlemen.

It has been a wonderful experience which has brought our CC members closer together in support of our 3 entered teams, and we wait eagerly for the next one :))

Thank you once again

Rob :))

• Beryman
    9,085 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 1:44 PM

thank you Rob

your team pulled off an astonishing accomplishment to make it to the finals!! ... also congrats to Cosa Nostra on third place and English Lakes fourth

would like to say it was another well thought out and superbly ran tourney by Carlo and Alberto..... really enjoy their tourneys and look forward to the next installment

Bob

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 7:55 PM

Alberto, bravo!                                                                                                                                       Once again you have provided a top shelf venue. I remember questions raised about the seedings, but each week it seemed like it came down to one match making the difference.

Thank you for an exciting format to participate in.

Congrats to Cosa Nostra and English lakes. As for Scoundrels and Wenches- unbelievable play and scoring from 4 Legends and 1 TL.

A big shout out to my teammates who rallied in the final to win a close one.

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2015 8:37 PM

Thank you everyone for taking part in this Tournament... we did not expect such a big return, and we're happy to have hosted you all.

Big thanks to the genius mind of Carlo, because without his energy and ideas this competition would have not taken place.

Also thanks to all of our Internet Leprechauns... very hard working people!

And special thanks to everyone (a lot !) who contributed in this forum, and with private messages, with comments and helpful hints, is was a real help and a show of what a community can do.

Me and Carlo will send friend invites to arrange for prize delivery ;-) please accept, so that we can award you with your most deserved prizes!

-abq-

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 1:07 AM

Folks sorry for my english :(   (google translate)

hi everyone

Aphrodite is still the strongest team in fact replicate the victory of the Grand Prix ............. congratulations Aphrodite team / club.

But just as many compliments Scoundrels who fought on equal terms to the end and had to suffer the absence of a player.

Cosa Nostra and English Lakes prove teams solid and very competitive.

Special thanks to Alberto because with his great work and commitment made possible the success of this tournament.

I'll pay the prize of the first and third place and Alberto will pay the prizes of the second and fourth place.

You have three options:

1) receive credits playing a blitz game

2) receive gifts that correspond to credits won

3) conserve the credits on deposit and accumulate them with other future payouts

Thanks everyone and I wish you happy holidays

bye

Carlo

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 1:26 AM

Hall of Fame updated

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 2:53 AM

As team captain of Aphrodite just wanted to congratulate all the winners.  For all the teams we played in this - well done.  Special mention to Bridgestone, Costa Nostra and S&W in which all the games were in the balance right to the end.

Carlo and Alberto........   thanks for a really fantastic competition, a great concept which made every week a real challenge and usually a nailbiter!   

Great organization and super spreadsheets throughout, we all appreciate the effort and time you guys put into these.  You always seem to have thought of everything and playing in your competitions is nothing short of a real pleasure.

Many thanks Sara

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 1:24 PM

by rata78

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 1:27 PM

As usual great invention of Alfredo

• Beryman
    9,085 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2015 1:32 PM

yes beautiful trophy...grazie

this will go into our CC trophy room   :)

RSS