Forums

Help › Forums

COUNTRY CLUBS DAVIS CUP TOURNAMENT

Fri, Jul 3 2015 2:06 PM (384 replies)
  • TitilloPM
    622 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 5:04 PM

Hi, I think Serenity 'A' has a wrong alphabetical order.

Thanks.

MGC.

• RichJohn
    364 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 5:17 PM

Yes, Serenity "A" has wrong alphabetical order and for the 18 hole 2 player scores here is what you originally wrote  "For every match in the 18 holes (=3=), we will assign 4 points for the win, and 2 points for the tie".  right now the spread sheet is set up for 3 points per game not 4!

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 5:28 PM

TitilloPM, RichJohn, thank you for catching that out!

I fixed both issues and hopefully there will be no other glitch.

-abq-

• DDLB
    3,441 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 5:59 PM

G'day Alberto

Just browsing the team board and I noticed you have Poolmaniac6 as a no show in all of his games for Yellow Brick road Gold team.

I checked his history and he actually played the multi round with a score of 30.

This would bring the teams score down by 15 strokes.

Can you check this for me please.

DDLB (Owner The Yellow Brick Road)

Thx Den

• DDLB
    3,441 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 8:40 PM

DDLB:

G'day Alberto

Just browsing the team board and I noticed you have Poolmaniac6 as a no show in all of his games for Yellow Brick road Gold team.

I checked his history and he actually played the multi round with a score of 30.

This would bring the teams score down by 15 strokes.

Can you check this for me please.

DDLB (Owner The Yellow Brick Road)

Thx Den

My apologies Alberto. He played in the paid game not the free game.

• roozilla
    630 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 1:16 AM

thanks for letting us play in this tournament 

i hope my comments are not taken as sour grapes 

i just look at the rules and it says the knockout starts at the top 16 teams this was changed to top 32 ............why ?

i had no doubt we would be playing the top earning club as we are the smallest earning club but it does seem to be a week early 

this tournament is set up for the top earning clubs right from the start and thats fine i read the rules

i just find it hard to see how if we finished 10th in qualifying beating 22 teams we are penalized by having low earning 

it seems to me again reading the rules that we should be playing another week of qualifying

again dont take this the wrong way we were happy to qualify

gl all the rest of the tournament

russ 

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 3:07 AM

ROOZILLA this is my personal opinion. The earnings is not so important. I have 190$ of earnings because I play Brackets and mp challenge for maintaining myself in WGT. Only in these last days WGT started to add brackets winning to the sum, but I never play R&G and not so many weekly tournaments. I love matchplay and I meet players with thousands $ of earnings, but I defeat them very often. Many of them play unlimited tournaments a lot of time until they have very low score. But Davis Cup it's just single round. In a single round everything can happen. Just play and enjoy. Byeee

P.S.: The total earnings of a CC depend also from the number of players of the CC itself. A CC like mine, with 51 players, could play better than a CC with 250 members and many more earnings.

• roozilla
    630 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 3:23 AM

well i beg to differ in this tourney the earnings of a club does effect the results.we all know Aphrodite hard to beat but that wasnt my point .i have no problem following the rules set out but they have been changed

again i hope my comments are taken for what they are meant to be 

gl to all 

• PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 3:30 AM

They changed the qualification/knockout from 16 to 32 teams quite early on once they realised how popular the competition would be.  Originally they didn't expect to reach 32 teams entering.

They never changed this in the original post rules though which is why there may be some confusion.

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2015 5:10 AM

The rule said:

We'll accept a minimum of 16 and a maximum of 32 team.

Then we chanced It by introducing the qualifying round as you can read in the post of Alberto to page number 9.

We are very pleased of your recommendations and we are pleased of your attention because It means that the tournament  has followed with interest.

Bye

Carlo

RSS