Forums

Help › Forums

COUNTRY CLUBS DAVIS CUP TOURNAMENT

Fri, Jul 3 2015 2:06 PM (384 replies)
  • PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 10:10 AM

I've told our guys to assume this is knockout week although I would have expected some sort of confirmation by now.

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 10:41 AM

I understood that it was "Qualifying" to get down to 16 teams - and then Knockout from then onwards?

The on-line leader board has been set up for Knockout with 32 teams.

Please advise how this week will be scored - Qualifying or Knock-out?

Thanks

The Hakman

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 10:51 AM

Final results have been posted. So everyone should know which teams made the cut. It's not hard to figure out who are matched against.

Having the brackets filled out will not alter any strategy or approaches to the game since these were made very clear before anyone even signed up.

Bottom line-if you're in the top 32, you need to have your whole team play.

It was clearly stated that this was a weekly tourney.

• PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 10:55 AM

hakman123:

I understood that it was "Qualifying" to get down to 16 teams - and then Knockout from then onwards?

The on-line leader board has been set up for Knockout with 32 teams.

Please advise how this week will be scored - Qualifying or Knock-out?

Thanks

The Hakman

The 'Bracket' sheet in the results spreadsheet states '32 Teams Bracket' at the top so we are now into a straight knockout.  I think the rules haven't been changed prior to increasing this from 16 teams so can understand the confusion.

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 10:57 AM

Lisa03:

Final results have been posted. So everyone should know which teams made the cut. It's not hard to figure out who are matched against.

Having the brackets filled out will not alter any strategy or approaches to the game since these were made very clear before anyone even signed up.

Bottom line-if you're in the top 32, you need to have your whole team play.

It was clearly stated that this was a weekly tourney.

Ok cheers Lisa.Now being thick here can you please tell me what team ELCC #2 is playing against then please?

• Andivo
    830 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 11:14 AM

Carlo ...  Alberto

Come mai non vi fate sentire ???

Qui c'è tanta gente con un po di dubbi sul proseguo del torneo !!!

Siete comunque sempre dei grandi !!!!

Ciao Federico

• RichJohn
    364 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 11:29 AM

ELCC#2 plays Future Golf Champions if I was a betting man!  Not to rub salt but Lisa's point all along has come true, #2 seed qualified 29th.   #3 seed qualified 32nd.  #6 seed qualified 28th and they get rewarded for money won by the CC and it;s total membership!  I have the brackets  all figured out except if there is confusion, they may wait until next week to officially start.  Who knows at this point?

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 11:32 AM

RichJohn:

Future Golf Champions if I was a betting man!

Cheers RichJohn,i just couldn't be arsed looking through all the teams to find out where each team is on the CC earnings table :)

Russell

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 11:33 AM

russellfahey:

Ok cheers Lisa.Now being thick here can you please tell me what team ELCC #2 is playing against then please?

OK Russel. Since your team has a ranking of 12, you will go vs # 21.

Now, I should have said it's easy for me (being on #1 seed) I just looked at the teams who made the cut and found #44, since 45 did not make it.

So you have to factor in the # of teams ranked lower that didn't make the cut. A quick look, I'd say you could face the host club-  StatoLib

But I will leave that to Alberto.

Good Luck!

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Mon, May 25 2015 11:50 AM

russellfahey:

RichJohn:

Future Golf Champions if I was a betting man!

Cheers RichJohn,i just couldn't be arsed looking through all the teams to find out where each team is on the CC earnings table :)

Russell

I would not bet against that. Could be.

RSS