Forums

Help › Forums

COUNTRY CLUBS DAVIS CUP TOURNAMENT

Fri, Jul 3 2015 2:06 PM (384 replies)
  • Beryman
    9,085 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2015 5:49 PM

the Leprechauns seem to have taken another siesta as the spreadsheet has gone wacko again  :)

• AnnaSwing
    340 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2015 9:43 PM

AlbertoBQ:
    And AnnaSwing... nothing is really decided until you play... that's why we play the tournaments :-)

my dear friend,

read the rules

"Whether the teams qualify through the qualifying round or not, the knockout stage will be set up using the team's country club total earnings.

E.G.: for 16 teams being A, B, C, ... N, O, P with "A" being the top earning and "P" the bottom earning the knockout will be drawn as follow:

A vs P,  B vs O,  C vs N  and so on.

If two or more teams belong to the same CC, we will break the tie using the order (date/time) they subscribe to this Tournament."

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2015 10:50 PM

@Alberto: Everything is fine, no hard feelings here. I commented on some comments, that's all.

Glad to have my full team in action now.

• efratimike
    808 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2015 11:36 PM

Too The Pierolitfiba and AlbertoBQ productions

-my name is mike -owner of the Serenity Club ,First I want to say thank you for taking your time & creating these remarkable Tournaments ,It Adds so much Excitement To all  the Clubs on WGT.

I can Only Imagine The Time & Effort you need to run this Davis cup reveals your extreme  devotion &  the cost of Prizes You Award  is Admirable For a private Tournament! Bravo!

My Captain explained to me our unlucky fortune & I felt bad for my 5 members who all played in your First Tourney after spending over 2 month of game play proudly finished in 3rd place!  

I am not here on a mission to change any rules just need to clear some fog!

Back in the days when we had only Faxes to share information life was at slower pace ,Technology Evolves everyday & we try keep up with its speedy nature & I was wondering since we can enjoy the speed of messaging today it seems a shame not to use it for our advantage!

we are first all on this site for personal & social enjoyment, we are not FIFA , How is it to any ones  advantage to have a team that qualified the prequalifying  round which was not considered at first, be handicapped before the tourney has started.

I am not asking for sympathy or favor , they qualified ,the tournament did not begin I can't believe there one person on this site who can say -we prefer to handicap a team before any game played , were using rules like we have no internet & I am sure if there was vote in the matter it would be unanimous.

Please think if the reason for creating this cup was to have fun for everyone ,how does any reason justify a rule that is not even being broken & it does not mean now every club can request in middle of the tourney a sub.

I appreciate accept whatever your decide ,I felt a need to voice my opinion

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS!

mike

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2015 12:45 AM

sarak362336:
    Sorry guys I appreciate your position but no sympathy.

Not piling on here, but the rules were clear & just as anything else, if you make an exception for one team, it would be expected to be the same for the others.

It can be difficult fielding teams, but it's impossible to know if every player will play each round, for any number of reasons. Not to mention, it can't be easy organizing something like this on your own time; and, throwing even 1 alternate per team in the mix, I imagine, would only make it probable to become very confusing. Never mind the added work for those hosting a tournament for the enjoyment of wgt players.

Suggestions or constructive criticism are good things & may lead to some changes in the future. But, I'd like to say, with this my 2nd tourney to play hosted by the Italian's, I've not noticed a hint of anything done with the intention to hamper any team, in any way.

Every rule I've seen laid out has seemed reasonable & fair, & obviously had much thought put into.

Lastly, we had 2 players, at least, in the last tourney who missed just about every round. We weren't thrilled about it, but it's what we had to deal with. Who knows, we may have won more than the bonus stage had that not been the case.

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2015 1:30 AM

+1

The organisation of a community tourney is difficult enough - I did it once in much smaller dimensions and shied away from a repeat.

Big kudos to our hosts, and we should bow to their actions and decisions or stay away.

Last but not least, this is only a virtual game, tomorrow is another day & a new chance!

Let's have fun!!

• efratimike
    808 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2015 1:39 AM

shady

last tournament was 10 players & 5 best scores were counted ,every club had 1 or 2 members who did not post scores you cant compare that to this tournament!

when you say make an exception can you clarify ? how many teams have a member who was no stranger to us but just joined  & disappears in thin air the week of qualifying round! after leaving club!

besides I have no intention to open this conversation further ,even if I would bring the most brilliant explanation how this clearly what is called cheating a fair fight, I guess from blaming wgt  day& night on forums of cheats , no need  to look far cause its in our own backyard !

its human nature & im used too it lol

• efratimike
    808 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2015 1:45 AM

+2  conversation over I respect the fact that many put a lot of effort into this & I will not bring this issue up again for the greater good!

GL-HF

mike

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2015 2:06 AM

Guys sorry for my english i use google translate,Alosso i absolutely don't want to offend you and your club,i wanted to say i'm sorry that one player not playing was ruining a whole team.

The format of the grand prix also i think it was better than this but I assure you that by changing the rule now would cause even greater damage.

I'll take this as an experience trying to be more careful next time.

On the issue earnings I would say that was done to prevent the strongest teams could meet in the early rounds and as you can see the same my club and not put well as earnings.

Sorry for the delay with which I answer, I'm very busy with work and family.

bye

Carlo

• efratimike
    808 Posts
    Sun, May 24 2015 3:28 AM

No worries Carlo by tomorrow I will forget it ever happened , you have a lot on your plate

,l care about my members very much,  it was not a personal issue at all & I made a mistake by trusting a new member & I blame myself the most!

All the best

mike

RSS