Forums

Help › Forums

Buying new clubs

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 20 2016 6:17 PM (31 replies)
  • VLaForce2002
    2 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2016 2:13 PM

" Even though all my clubs are rated 3.5 the only clubs that actually have the same swing speed are my 3w and Irons.  The Driver and Wedges (rated 3.5!!) DO NOT have the same swing speed in the actual game."

"It seems trying to piece together an Entire Set of clubs with the same Meter Speed is pointless because they do not react at ALL in a similar manner"

Thank you very much for this post. It's been the most helpful and most depressing post I've read to date.

To add my $0.02: it seems to me (at a lowly level 42) with swing meter not precisely aligning that forgiveness becomes the deciding factor and subsequently the thing that coerces me to spend more money. A 250 yard driver with 3.0 meter and 2 forgiveness for $825 is not a bargain even though it is1/3 the price of the 250 yard driver with 3.0 meter and 4 forgiveness at $2495. I want that light blue area wide enough to drive a truck through it!

Thanks again for your post

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2016 6:17 PM

@VLaF - to be honest lower level clubs are not worth it unless you have the credits to burn. Late level 50's a set like the G25's will last until you are a legend.

All you need then is 3 good wedges (dump the hybrid) and you will see a vast improvement. Obviously any ball is better than a starters ball. I used the Tour SD at 65cd a sleeve - great value and vastly better than the starters.

I am not sure where your pricing is from, but generally, the higher the level of clubs, the better they will be in terms of attributes.

Lower level clubs have poor precision and are low trajectory and you will outgrown them very quickly as you tier up.

Until you can get these, just have fun learning the game and taking notes - some shots work well on one course but not another. Learn all the shots, especially punch and when you do upgrade clubs, map them out to know how far the ball carries and how much roll for each adjusted spin.

RSS