Forums

Help › Forums

KW BACK 9 14TH HOLE DEVIATIONS

Mon, Dec 6 2010 1:23 PM (7 replies)
  • ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2010 12:05 PM

Am I the only one that's having issues with this hole.  It doesn't matter how perfect of a shot you hit, it seems the ball always slices left.  I try to move the arrow way right of the hole with a perfect drive and it still slices left 3 games in a row.  Just curious about this.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2010 12:30 PM

ironking34:
    it seems the ball always slices left.  I try to move the arrow way right of the hole with a perfect drive and it still slices left 3 games in a row.  Just curious about this.

slices left ;/.....king' I realize your one of the top players, but just curious; you play golf left handed IRL?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only a "lefty" could describe a ball slices left.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2010 12:51 PM

oneputtdavid:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but only a "lefty" could describe a ball slices left.

I'm aiming for the ball to go to the right side of the flag and it goes to the left side....

• mrsancho
    253 Posts
    Sat, Dec 4 2010 2:02 PM

ironking34:

I'm aiming for the ball to go to the right side of the flag and it goes to the left side....

WELCOME TO WGT !!  LOL

• KingTuck
    593 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2010 6:13 AM

ironking -

Being a legend myself with over 1,000 ranked rounds under my belt, I can appreciate your disgust with this hole. I experience more deviations with this shot (despite a ranked ace here) than any other at Kia it seems. I can't say however that everything favors hooking left - haven't noticed that before. 

Good luck bud

Tuck

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2010 6:52 AM

KingTuck:
    I can't say however that everything favors hooking left - haven't noticed that before. 

It's not really every shot that goes left but there is just no consistency what so ever this this hole.  sometimes you ding it and it goes off line sometimes you think you hit a bad shot and it rolls up to the hole....lol....this hole is broken.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sun, Dec 5 2010 7:28 AM

I've not noticed a left slice myself BUT....

This hole "suffers" more than alot of others from the effects of "translating a 3-D real world into a flat 2-D format."  

The appearance is deceiving - the hole actually plays downhill and the way the green is angled and also slopes UP from front to cup and then DOWN away from the tee past the cup it is often hard to "interpret".

This is one good example of this - there are others throughout WGT (the tricky second shot on BPB # 16 comes to mind where the distance is tricky and because of how the ball lands it actually plays longer than measured yardage - and the "depth" is also tricky due to visual cues like the right side front trap and such).

ANyhow...I guess I went off the topic but those are the thoughts it triggered.  - AtlantaCoaster

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 1:23 PM

ironking34:

Am I the only one that's having issues with this hole.  It doesn't matter how perfect of a shot you hit, it seems the ball always slices left.  I try to move the arrow way right of the hole with a perfect drive and it still slices left 3 games in a row.  Just curious about this.

Yes I agree that this is a problem sometimes with this hole.

Actually was far worse when I was using i15 irons (They seem to wander a lot at times even with dinged shots?)

KW #17 was becoming almost unplayable for me using i15's (couldn't keep my balls dry regardless of aim point!)

Have now changed  to the post update G10's with a slower swing meter than the original G10's and deviations do not seem to be so prolific as before.

RSS