Forums

Help › Forums

"RG'S"

Sat, Apr 4 2015 8:51 AM (37 replies)
  • PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2015 12:34 PM

Tour Legend Ready go Merion 18 holes,, 300 credits!  stuck on 26 runners for what 3 weeks?  LOL can you not simply kick that off and let it run? It seems quite clear no one wants to join.

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sat, Mar 28 2015 7:38 PM

JoeMaverick:

Buckthebuck:

Just because I have no idea why anyone would want to play a 50 cr 9 hole or even worse a 50 cr 18 hole rg is beyond the point. If you double up in one of those rg's you make 50 cents, after hitting roughly 29 or 58 shots depending on 9 or 18 holes you basically paid to play. But if some like that just to gain experience that's cool but seems like too much of a hamster wheel.

It's better to gain XP on RG's without losing credits (balls included) than losing 350 credits in a 600 cr. RG (between 16 and 30th positions + balls) for example. You have been playing since 2009, you have the best equipment (lucky you) and you are good, that's normal for you to play high stacks but it's not the case of the big majority of players! It's like poker: few players earn credits, a lot lose credits. 

In my case I'm TL since 1st March, I will have to wait 4 months to be able to buy a "real" driver and 6 other months to buy better irons (especially compared to the irons I'm using). Before that I'm very happy to have 50/100 credits RG's to improve my putting, increase my % of dinged shots and take notes (thanks to WGT for the 50cr on Cabo Del Sol). And these UEL RG's are also very useful to improve my game in these hard (and not so random) conditions.

So now you know why so many players like the short stake RG's.

you should be able to compete just fine with the equipment available to you. Why are you using the Nikes when the R11s, which are better in terms of stopping power, are available to you? Also, the L90 ball will greatly help.

Yes, you do not have the best equipment. However, you can compete very well with what is available to you.

• BuffaloBilly6734
    207 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2015 12:57 AM

PRIESTESS:

Tour Legend Ready go Merion 18 holes,, 300 credits!  stuck on 26 runners for what 3 weeks?  LOL can you not simply kick that off and let it run? It seems quite clear no one wants to join.

Great minds think alike :-) or is it fools seldom differ lol

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/298694.aspx

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2015 2:48 AM

derekortt:

you should be able to compete just fine with the equipment available to you. Why are you using the Nikes when the R11s, which are better in terms of stopping power, are available to you? Also, the L90 ball will greatly help.

Yes, you do not have the best equipment. However, you can compete very well with what is available to you.

I agree, on one round my equipment is enough to play with the best players. I can make an eagle on Kia #2, but that happens less often than with a better equipment. So in long term, I think I start with +2, +3 in average, not because I'm less good, but because to the equipment. Of course that depends of the course. I have no handicap on Bandon Dunes for example. And in UEL rounds the impact of equipment decreases. 

But I'm much more dependant of the wind. On a lot of holes, it's impossible to stop the ball close from the pin with a tailwind (or sometime without a facewind). Some examples: Congo #2 (top left), Congo #4 (left), Congo #7 (middle), Congo #15 (right), Kia #4,... In A/S games I've seen some shots that I know I'm not able to do it with my current equipment. 

But where the equipment has the biggest impact is on par 5. I've tried R11 + Platinium balls and made a training round on BOP5. It's just not the same game.

Now why I'm not using R11 + Platinium? Being confident with an equipment is a long process and from the beginning, I don't like the meter speed of R11. So I thought it was better to wait for L97 but I have never imagined it would be so long! I'm already in trouble to hit the ding with a meter speed of 3.5 (irons) + 3 (balls), and 2.5 (R11) + 4 (platinium/Black Balls) seems faster (yeah sometime 6.5 is not equal to 6.5).  Moreover when you miss the ding (that happens to me more than 60% of the time) with the platinium balls, I think (maybe just a feeling) the impact is more important. 

I should have played with the R11 from L90, that would have given me a lot of time to play well with them. But when I was L90, I have no credit. I didn't expect to earn so much in the RG's when I was legend. Now I think it's better for me to wait for L97, also because I would like to play the UEL Ryder Cup again, and it won't be a good idea to change of irons during the qualifications. So until L97 I play 50/100 credits RG's :)

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sun, Mar 29 2015 4:47 PM

A slight miss ding won't kill you with the platinum balls. I do not hit the ding every single time (maybe half the time at most). The key is, I seldom have BIG misses of the ding. It's usually 1-3 pixels at most.

The adjustment from the L79 Bladez to the R11 was very short. A week at most. You're at least 4 months from the L97 Nikes, so I'd recommend getting the R11s

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2015 1:03 AM

derekortt:
    The adjustment from the L79 Bladez to the R11 was very short. A week at most. You're at least 4 months from the L97 Nikes, so I'd recommend getting the R11s

Thanks for your advise. I'll think about it :)

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2015 5:19 AM

Joe, just to add to the great advice you have been given. There is not much difference between the top 4 drivers. I have had the privilege to have them all and none of them will take one stroke of your round. It's all about your approach shot and putting. Also, the lvl 61 ball works great with the rll irons. Distances are perfect and the spin is sufficient. Also saved several credit per sleeve. Remember, when it comes to balls, the less spin you can use the less the wind will effect the ball. Have fun.

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2015 7:00 AM

JoeMaverick:

derekortt:

Thanks for your advise. I'll think about it :)

Hi Joe

2.5 meter is fast. The R11 is better than Nike vl85, but meter speed is quite important. When I had the Nike lvl97 I had som big ding misses (+4 pixels) and they have 3.0 meter. The Vapors are such a relief since its back to the 3.5 meter, which for me is the same as wedges and driver.

I would skip the R11. Your results with the lvl85 is more than good enough to keep them, so just wait for the lvl97.

Duffputt

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2015 8:29 AM

the R11 with the Nike Blacks will allow for him to be able to hit different shots. Control the distance by varying the spin, etc.

It's holes like the front left at 7 Bethpage or 18 Merion that become good birdie chances with the R11/Black combo

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Mar 30 2015 1:10 PM

Uhm ... two new Legend tier ready-gos and both of them one dollar? C'mon WGT ... we've been cheapened to death already ...

RSS