Forums

Help › Forums

When will invites be fixed...have a guess! : )

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 21 2015 5:23 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 2:42 AM

Can't offer any prize but just for the fun.....sponsors are welcome : )

INVITES FIX = after the Virtual Open is finished = ends of july ; )

Eric

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 2:54 AM

As it's just for for fun right :)

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 3:08 AM

My guess: Ascension Day - but I won't tell the year!

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 4:45 AM

Eric,

You could offer the Golden Putter as a prize. No one would ever win. The invite issue will never be 100% fixed. So, I say never. It's probably accounts for less than .5% of WGT's revenue. Ball usage is at a super-minimum on AS, and since MP and Skins fall in the multi-player/invite realm, they too, will continue to suffer.

The game itself seems to have gotten better (I haven't) over the last few days, though. 

We've (Grande Oaks) been running an AS tourney, and other than a few slow loading times (not due to WGT), we've had it pretty smooth. We state the course, and have others search for a game on that course and eliminate any strays until 4 of us are together.

• BlondinJDB
    46 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2015 9:54 PM

Jay...don't let mediocrity deceive you.  Yes you can eventually get linked together (4-somes, 2-somes, etc.) but the system is still BUSTED !  Busted is Busted....don't accept anything less than "fully fixed" !  Otherwise, the WGT technicians will say...oh there are alternatives to getting invites...so all is well.  Well it is NOT WELL....it's BUSTED !

And really...everything is pretty smooth...except for some LOAD ERRORS.  Well guess what...load errors lead to disconnects and frustration to the point that players don't want to play anymore...or at least play a lot less.

And think of those poor chaps that you cancel out of a game while searching for the player or players you want in your group.  How do you think they feel?  Nobody loves me, hate this game...I'll just go out and eat dirt!!  That's how they feel.  Now that's real incentive for them to continue to play....(sigh)!  Sad but it is true.

WGT has the % stats on disconnects I'm sure...and they can trace that % rise in disconnects right back to the day that this all started...and that should clue them in on what wen wrong (that day), and what needs to be fixed!

Until WGT does some paretos, and real root cause analysis...then sad to say...I agree with you...Jay.  The invite PROBLEM will never be 100% fixed.

Jimbo

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2015 7:08 AM

BlondinJDB:
    And think of those poor chaps that you cancel out of a game while searching for the player or players you want in your group.  How do you think they feel? 

Jimbo,

Have no idea how they feel. I don't do multi-player games, unless it's a CC thing. I have maybe 25 games total in 2 years. I am only doing it now because I had just joined my current CC and wanted to "participate". Multi-player is fun, in it's own way, but it's not what I enjoy the most. And, in order to get our CC's foursome together, there is no choice but to say no to strays. It's not personal at all.

BlondinJDB:
    The invite PROBLEM will never be 100% fixed.

I said it 1st :-)

Jay

• rollone
    772 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2015 1:59 PM

who knows

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2015 4:41 AM

Well, til now we have late july, never Elvis P, smile (ironic) Bee Gees, ascension day and tomorrow never knows (who knows) The Beatles. Great musical post btw : )

I feel like cheating and changing mine to; the day CC Clashes is a success....

Eric

• curlytim
    2,372 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2015 8:09 AM

It  beggars belief that the invite problems can't be sorted straight away. WGT must know what they did to *** it up, it can't be rocket science to undo they mistake. Really pissed off that I no longer can invite friends to play. This to me has taken the best part of the game away, some compensation should be forthcoming.

Come on WGT get your finger out, I know me complaining will not make any difference at all, but there are a lot of players talking about finishing, that must make a difference loss of revenue.

Really pissed off punter.

Curly

• Priesum
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2015 4:43 PM

My guess is that invites will be fixed the same day WGT realise that CC v CC clash is a pretty poor concept.

Hold your breath at your own risk....

Kelly

• PAGES
RSS