Forums

Help › Forums

Free WGT Credit Scams

Fri, Apr 17 2015 9:51 AM (27 replies)
  • SilverKNite
    79 Posts
    Fri, Feb 27 2015 9:04 AM

Most are scams and you won't get paid even when providing proof - i figure it is about 50/50 in credits i have earned and credits i have been scammed out of todate - now i mostly just do for Offers - TrialPay the Click and Earn 8 credits you can do it about 5 times a day when it works that is 40 credits - then i check Supersonic Ad's Videos generally get about 20 credits watching those videos - then it is check Take Surveys and see if any videos there can watch or try and do some of the surveys - most will kick you out some do pay you 5 credits for the attempt - Last is Watch Videos - caroussel gives me 6 views a day so after 17 days i earn 75 credits - none of the videos work in it for me anymore use to before begginning of year the caroussel paid out 150 credits a day - so to go from that to 17 days to earn 75 credits is well - (*&^$$#@!! need i say more WGT

SK

• noname129
    392 Posts
    Fri, Feb 27 2015 5:20 PM

Here is an update to my original post.

I emailed GetMyInsurance.com and asked them why they were not honoring their ad on WGT.com offering 720 WGT credits for completing their request for insurance quotes.  

Here is a copy of my email to them and their emailed response:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

User Support (Support Desk)

Feb 27, 11:47 AM

Thank you for contacting Get My Insurance!

We do not offer credits for receiving auto insurance quotes.

However, we would like to investigate any advertisement that suggests otherwise, so if you have a link or a screen shot you could send us, that would be very much appreciated.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions regarding this matter.

Thank you! 
    The Team at Get My Insurance

Feb 21, 2:17 AM

You posted an ad on WGT.com offering 720 WGT credits for completing an insurance quote. I completed the requirement of your ad but you did not award me the 720 WGT credits. Request you honor your ad and credit me the 720 WGT credits.

------------------
    Submitted from: https://www.getmyinsurance.com/contact?_s=8dc5b23d&uuid=d9f7c825-9b3d-473a-b40b-d47eadd9bcae

To add additional comments, reply to this email.

MY QUESTION NOW IS:  WGT, CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS TO ALL OF THE WGT MEMBERS WHO HAVE WASTED THEIR TIME DOING THIS OFFER ON YOUR SITE???????????

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 9:29 AM

LOL, of course they don't offer credits, they pay the ad company a fee, the ad company pays the credits...the insurance company probably doesn't know what a credit is...

What they do is verify you completed the offer to the ad company...which you haven't if you didn't get a call about insurance rates from several people...

hope that helps, that particular offer is hard to get paid on without giving up way too much personal info IMO.

• garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 9:54 AM

Surveys

Yep, when you hit the page wanting address and phone number, time to check out.

Use a throw away, such as Yahoo email, works just fine.

Say yes to the ones that want an email, most never even ask.  Most of the time you won't get the survey, but you end up with 5 credits.  Tell it no and you won't get the 5.

Probably getting at least some combination of 75, 90, or 120 every day, plus the 5's.

Have found the ones such as this insurance 1 or a number of others that act the same way, you will never get anything, even if it says you completed it.  You will learn which ones work and which don't.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 11:54 AM

fatdan:

LOL, of course they don't offer credits, they pay the ad company a fee, the ad company pays the credits...the insurance company probably doesn't know what a credit is...

What they do is verify you completed the offer to the ad company...which you haven't if you didn't get a call about insurance rates from several people...

hope that helps, that particular offer is hard to get paid on without giving up way too much personal info IMO.

Precisely. Just what I was going to post before I saw yours. 

• patrickmar
    245 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 2:13 PM

on page 2 of this forum silverKnite tells you all the one's that he uses. and i also use the same as many other do. say away from them offers you posted. 

• noname129
    392 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 9:06 PM

fatdan  Obviously you don't understand what type of company GetMyInsurance is.  1st, it is NOT an insurance company.  They do NOT sell insurance at all but they do forward customer information to insurance companies who will provide a quote to the customer.   2nd, they are an ad company.  The insurance companies pay them and GetMyInsurance pays WGT for posting their ads on this site.  They also pay WGT for credits it awards to WGT members for completing their offers.  However, it appears something is amiss since GetMyInsurance states they are NOT aware of any offers concerning them on this site.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 9:55 PM

oops

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2015 10:09 PM

OK, lets try it this way...

Saying insurance company was in reference to the name of the ad...

You didn't get ur credits and didn't talk to anyone by leaving your contact #, I didn't either because I wouldn't give it to them, btbb did get them after he got 5 quotes on the phone...

You figure it out!

I've bought 50,000+ credits worth of clubs, got over 50.000 credits banked, and god only knows what I spent on balls...ALL from surveys or winnings, so I will do it my way and good luck with you way....

• noname129
    392 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2015 8:06 PM

fatdan:

OK, lets try it this way...

Saying insurance company was in reference to the name of the ad...

You didn't get ur credits and didn't talk to anyone by leaving your contact #, I didn't either because I wouldn't give it to them, btbb did get them after he got 5 quotes on the phone...

You figure it out!

I've bought 50,000+ credits worth of clubs, got over 50.000 credits banked, and god only knows what I spent on balls...ALL from surveys or winnings, so I will do it my way and good luck with you way....

fatdan:  Congratulation on earning / winning ALL those credits since you joined the site in 2008.  Personally, I must admit I did spend $20.00 in real cash on this site when I first joined in 2012.  However, since then I have acquired all other credits I've spent on this site by doing surveys, offers and watching videos.  I'm not really sure what that total credit acquisition amounts to, but I do know that I've spent well over 50,000 credits buying equipment for newbies to this game alone.  Within the last six weeks I spent over 9,000 credits on upgraded equipment and balls for just one newbie.  He is a member of my CC, now at the Pro tier and is at level 38 or 39 I believe.  The point being fatdan, I really don't give a rats a-- about how many credits you have in your account, spent, won, or how you acquired them. My entire purpose of my original post was to inform all our fellow WGT members (newbies and those who have be around for a while) of a situation existing on the site that entices one to involve themselves in an effort that turns out to be a total waste of time.  Additionally, you don't have a freakin clue as to what I've done or haven't done in pursuit of the credits in question. (other than what I've posted on this thread).

Now, you go figure it out.

RSS