Forums

Help › Forums

New Pin Positions, Please

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 27 2010 6:18 PM (6 replies)
  • Myckall
    1 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2010 10:15 AM
    I play quite a bit (albeit progressing slowly), and I'd love to see some new pin positions - any chance that's in the works? I suspect I've progressed to where I am because I get used to the breaks on the current pins, but I think it would be interesting to have a couple more to choose from. Thx!
  • 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2010 10:49 AM

There was talk of Kiawah getting new pins but I dunno if it fizzled out or what. I believe it used to be listed in the coming soon or longterm outlook section. With putting so much a part of this game new pins can add challenge without all the xtra pictures a new course would need. On Oakmont would be nice too or just to come out with two placements on every hole of new courses they come out with.

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2010 11:08 AM

The pace of change in this game really can test patience. 4 courses available for stroke play. 4...Little less than one a year.(not sure when WGT started-but i"ve been here 2 years and have seen 2 new ones.) It takes almost as long to get a course on WGT as is does to really build the course.  Whose kidding who ? I know how long it took to film Kiawah because I was there.

• andrewp7
    127 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2010 1:00 PM

its all about priorities ..pleated pants are far more urgent and will be higher up the to do list than anything trivial like new pins and/or courses

• henry4434
    51 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 1:03 AM

LOL You are only adv to Tour Pro with under 200 rank rounds and get bored with the old pins already ? Why dont you try to Master them first before asking for new PINS .

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Fri, Nov 26 2010 3:24 AM

henry4434:

LOL You are only adv to Tour Pro with under 200 rank rounds and get bored with the old pins already ? Why dont you try to Master them first before asking for new PINS .

Henry it's like the guy with only 26 ranked rounds and all of them just 9 hole rounds crying for more courses because he was getting tired of playing the same 4 all the time. I told him play all the courses full and learn to play them well before crying for more courses.

• henry4434
    51 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 6:18 PM

borntobesting:

henry4434:

Henry it's like the guy with only 26 ranked rounds and all of them just 9 hole rounds crying for more courses because he was getting tired of playing the same 4 all the time. I told him play all the courses full and learn to play them well before crying for more courses.

Well said and i agree . I join WGT not long ago ( about 5 months ) but i do play a lot of rounds both in ranks and practices in CC . As a Tour Master  i could shoot consistent in mid 60s in all 4 courses but I'm still scratching my head a lot of time , wonder how the hell did i miss that 3ft putt like STA 2nd hole (back pin ) ? this game is all about learning and adjustment and every-time you play it , it will be just like new course because it is as unpredictable as womans . When you look at the leader-board in R&G , you will see alot of Legends WD . 

RSS