Forums

Help › Forums

Anything new coming for...........

Sun, Feb 1 2015 1:27 AM (25 replies)
  • silkyuk9
    429 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 6:27 AM

those who are past level 90 but arent at 100?

Would be nice to see something new this year to help those who have passed level 90 but arent yet at 100. 

It would also be great to open up everything when you get to TL so you have at least a chance to compete.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 7:39 AM

If you had the  clubs to get to TL you have the clubs  to compete. The only difference if I understand it correctly is green speed.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 10:19 AM

borntobesting:

If you had the  clubs to get to TL you have the clubs  to compete. The only difference if I understand it correctly is green speed.

+1 Just faster Greens . As a matter of fact if a player has :

L83+ G25 driver & 3 wood

79+ Rocketbladez

3 good wedges and a good putter , they can play well from the parking lot .

That was my set up when I was at Legend tier . Currently there are more than enough clubs in the pro shop for every tier to play well . You just have to learn how to pick the clubs which best suits your game. I do understand how you feel though , felt the same way after reaching level 90 too .

Also the level 90+ Rlls irons can be managed with the 33+ Cally balls . The only reason I went to the 97+ Nikes was for the slower meter . Now I can play with the rock and shoot good scores . But thats another story . Good luck with your game . :-)

• silkyuk9
    429 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 11:30 AM

I have the r Irons but meter way too fast for me so they are in my bag, but i will try them with the cally balls as you say.

Actually do you mean the level 34 ones slow meter???

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jan 28 2015 9:02 PM

silkyuk9:
    I have the r Irons but meter way too fast for me

I see you are playing the L90 Nike ball.  If you play a practice round with the R11 irons and the free starter ball(zoooooooooom) then load up the Nike ball again, that meter won't see so fast for a while. When it's starts to lose it's perceived slowness, repeat.

Always helped me with the R11 irons and the L33 Callaway ball.  Then came the L97 Nikes and now even a bit slower with the L100 Nikes.  So I stick with the Callaway balls, but don't have the need to load the starter ball to trick myself into a slower meter anymore.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 3:06 PM

Hey Silk if the Nike ball is working for you then dont change . All I am saying is that  you have to find the right ball and club combination that works for you . For me and most players we found that we could handle the R11s with the 33+ Cally ball . Its not carved in stone that you have to use that ball .

One thing that I always suggest when thinking about an upgrade is to always start at the bottom and work up . So you start with the ball because that is the cheapest  part of your game . So the 33+ Cally ball is the starting point for controlling the R11s irons . But if you feel that you need a ball to slow the meter even more then by all means get that ball . Hope this helps and you can always hit me up on my wall if you need some advice or help . Good luck with your game . :-) 

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 7:39 PM

hpurey:
    I see you are playing the L90 Nike ball.  If you play a practice round with the R11 irons and the free starter ball(zoooooooooom) then load up the Nike ball again, that meter won't see so fast for a while. When it's starts to lose it's perceived slowness, repeat.

I do that, too!! I use a starter ball on my 1st game of the day/night, usually a Merion Blitz or Par 3. Then, I change to the Cally 34's and they give me the illusion of being in an internet cafe 5 dot meter balls. 

Sometimes, I forget to change it. Tonight was on of those nights. I went directly to my 100 cred bracket finals, clicked play now, and it was over before it started. Oly in big wind with starter balls is not easy. WD after 4 holes :-(

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 8:59 PM

silkyuk9:

those who are past level 90 but arent at 100?

Would be nice to see something new this year to help those who have passed level 90 but arent yet at 100. 

It would also be great to open up everything when you get to TL so you have at least a chance to compete.

Ive heard good things about the R11s from people in my C.C and other players, the quicker meter is the only thing holden me back, if theres no free rental weekend in the next week or so i probably will get them(partly to try something new ) & maybe even like em ;-)  ..    hopefully my level 61 Nikes would tame them..

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 9:23 PM

1enigma1:
    maybe even like em

Let me know.. I'll be at L90 in a week or less.  I'm not in love with these Nike irons anymore.. lol.. and that xtra 5 yds on the 3 iron would come in handy on a lot of holes.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 10:07 PM
    I had the R11's for a few months when they were the top irons on here. I found that it wasn't so much their speed but the difference between the speed of them and other clubs. I much prefer the Nikes now.
RSS