Matching ball speed with club speed?

Thu, Jan 29 2015 7:04 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 9:43 AM

alosso:

SweetiePie:
    As for now, I find the 3.5 club speed coupled with the 4.0 ball speed to most clearly match my nerve rhythm.

There's truth in this observation Sweets, though I prefer a faster combination.

IMHO, the two speeds add to each other (or multiply?). It's not a question of match between them but a question of a fitting meter speed - each to his own.

You're probably right, and furthermore, what works best for any particular one of us on one day may not work best on another day depending on all sorts of variables such as time of day, sharpness of reflexes, mood, etc.

As I said previously, it was just a random thought that somehow the relationship of the two speeds might somehow fit the programming mathematically in optimum ways if they match.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 2:32 PM

Well L-0ne, you have some stellar gear coming your way pretty soon and you will enjoy getting used to them, that's for sure. I notice that while I can adjust to any combo, my favorite match-up is based upon my level of concentration and inspiration from one game/shot at that time. I play with a mostly lazy, easy come, easy go mind set with the TV news on as a distraction, and so the above 3.5 club/ 4.0 ball fits my brain-dead method of play.

It is funny, a few years ago Borntobesting (Joe) had just quit smoking and it was getting to him (ha) and he said he got to a point where he couldn't scare the dinger for any amount of hard money ;-}

• Little0ne1
    13 Posts
    Thu, Jan 29 2015 7:04 PM

TY, That was what I was trying to say, The afore  said combo  works for me as mind set dictates the shot thus giving me the speed at witch I hit the dinger, That being said Every 1 has a diff mind set ,,,,,,Only to say this works for me to make my clubs work for me ,,,Again my Putter 5.0 speed, Irons 1.5 speed ,,Wedges 3.0 speed and my 3w and Driver 3.5,,,,,,,,a 3.5 ball helps slow down irons ,,,speed up putter ,,,and since I use Driver/3w to get there the diff in wedges makes for great accuracy ,,,Since missing the ding a little either way can help you set up a shot, And the putter falls in to place as my best friend threw the entire meter range,,,,,,,,,,I tend to match other aspects of all clubs in bag, then find a find a ball to bring them to gather 

• PAGES
RSS