Help › Forums

Hey WGT - What we know and don't know about the 25th

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 23 2009 7:20 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 8:28 AM

Next update scattered everywhere but confirmed.

New Balls

New Clubs

New Tee locations for Pro's

New ability to communicate player to player

New Closest to the Pin course St. Andrews.

What we don't know

What course will be available for Mulitplayer

(I am hoping BP front nine from the blue tee's)

How about letting us know

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 10:53 AM

Hi Kaslo, thanks for asking. We've posted a release update here: http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/2843/13474.aspx#13474

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 11:01 AM

Thanks for raising this Kaslo, and thanks to Alex for the clarification.

Now, if I could just ask for a volunteer to break the news to my wife...........!

Sean ;-)

• swb630
    13 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 11:10 AM

is St Andrews gonna be a mutiplayer 9 hole round or closest to the hole

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 11:18 AM

WGT answered this already under courses - Quote:

"It will be a closest to the hole challenge to begin with, and we do not have an ETA on whether it will become a stroke play game."

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 11:20 AM

Here's the link to Edgewood's course.  It was in Tiger Woods '05 I think.  It's a really nice course.  I sincerely hope it will be available for stroke play.

http://www.edgewoodtahoe.com/

I'm happy to see updates coming, I just wish it didn't take so long.  You guys are so frustratingly slow with release updates at times.  There are still so many questions about features like more game play modes, 18 hole multiplayer and so many other basics that don't even have an ETA right now.  I don't understand why Wolf Creek & St. Andrews probably aren't ever going to make it to stroke play and no one seems willing or able to explain why.

And what about multi-round tourneys?  When do they start?  The Open was setup to accommodate multi-round scores even though it was only a single round.

When can we expect to start seeing attention paid to some of these basic features instead of just lumping on new courses one after another?  It feels like quantity over quality at this point.

At the current rate, you'd think we'd be in BETA for the next 5 years.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 11:27 AM

That's the real question in a nutshell.

Will this game ever come out of "beta"?   Though WGT's idea of  "beta" is certainly different than the vast majority of software companies.

• Zambrotta
    21 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 11:35 AM

More specifically, how will the clubs differ from tier to tier?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 11:43 AM

Zambrotta:  We think that certain clubs with the longer distances will be restricted to certain tiers only.  What tiers and what clubs, nobody knows.

• SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2009 11:56 AM

this is not a beta...lol.....i have never been in a beta where you have to pay money to test parts(clubs) of the game. this is a live micro-transaction game. ;-)

• PAGES
RSS