• PAGES
  • DejaVu31
    104 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 4:21 AM

Hey All.

I am level 21 with the beginner clubs.

I have 100 credits.

What should I spend them on?

If I buy balls, a pack of three - how long do they last?

Is it worth buying credits and if I do what clubs do you recommend?

Is it best to buy a set or buy clubs on an individual basis?

What is a good putter to buy?

Appreciate any help.

Cheers.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 5:04 AM

It really all depends on how much time you want to put into the game and how serious you are about improving. Looking at your score history you haven't played in months other than this week. If you are going to play a lot more then it is most definitely in your interest to buy some credits and get yourself the best clubs possible. If not and it's just an occasional visit you pay the game, I'd just spend the credits you have on the Starter Plus clubs at 99 credits. They'll at least give you a bit more distance and accuracy.

• DejaVu31
    104 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 5:36 AM

Hey Mate.

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't played for a long time but want to get into the game and spend more time on it.

Winter here and time to play. Forgot how a good a game this is.

Any advise on what to purchase would be appreciated.

Cheers.

• borntobesting
    9,634 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 6:17 AM

DejaVu31:

Hey Mate.

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't played for a long time but want to get into the game and spend more time on it.

Winter here and time to play. Forgot how a good a game this is.

Any advise on what to purchase would be appreciated.

Cheers.

You might also want to consider taking some of the surveys and completing some of the free offers. Completing 2 or 3 of the free offers and taking surveys I made almost 4000 credits this past week alone. 

As for what to buy except the balls which are all available to you except the new legend ball there is not much to chose from. The best driver you can get right now is the TM R9 10.5 everything after that is locked. If you wait until your reach level 24 you  could get the Ping Rapture 10.5 a little longer with slightly less precision but much more forgiving and much slower swing meter. As for putters the only thing available to you now that is better than what you have now is the TM Spider. You should get balls with extra spin and maybe extra distance also the tour gi-s ball is a good choice it slows the meter down some and offers 2 dots extra spin and 1 dot extra distance. 82 credits per sleeve. or maybe the gi2-s ball slows the meter down a little more than the tour gi-s ball doesbut only offers a little extra spin. 64 credits per sleeve I think.

I'm not sure if you know it or not but the pro shop no longer sells by  tier but by level. You can only buy and or use the clubs that are at or below your level. Playing often helps raise your level quicker so you can unlock better clubs sooner.

• 8buster8
    649 Posts
    Mon, Nov 15 2010 5:12 AM

my first purchase was the starter plus iron set and it really helped as i was getting started.  I really liked the slow meter for precise shots.  Next i got the starter plus 3w (a bargain @ 20 creds i think) to match the slow meter.  Then I slowly added a couple of nice wedges.  Most recently a cheap (fast meter) but long driver, by now i can switch pretty well between fast & slow meters.   My next purchase will be a nice putter.  

this has gotten me just about to master level earning credits through surveys & tournaments only.

only balls i used were gifted to me, I lost one in the first few holes, not realizing you really don't get them back, lol.   They are nice to have, but I have never lost or broken a 7 iron because i got pissed and threw it @ a tree (which i did as a teenager). 

• DejaVu31
    104 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 6:05 AM

Hey All.

Thanks for the replies.

Where do I find the special offers and surveys you mentioned?

Also how do I earn credits from tournaments or do you mean as a way to level up?

On the wedges, what do you recommend for level 23 or should I wait a while?

Is it worth getting a putter upgrade or again waiting?

Sometimes I notice the view from behind my avatar has him off to left or right. Can this be adjusted?

If anyone is up for a round sometime let me know.

All advice is much appreciated.

Cheers.

• 8buster8
    649 Posts
    Tue, Nov 16 2010 7:14 PM

DejaVu31:

Hey All.

Thanks for the replies.

Where do I find the special offers and surveys you mentioned?

under "get credits" check out "complete offers" , be warned though, it can be difficult to actually "complete" a survey sometimes.

Also how do I earn credits from tournaments or do you mean as a way to level up?

earn credits moving up tiers and doing well in tournaments that have "credits" as a prize.

On the wedges, what do you recommend for level 23 or should I wait a while?

I replaced the sw w/ something similar in distance for better "bite" around the green.

Is it worth getting a putter upgrade or again waiting?

putting can be really frustrating no matter the putter, so don't expect an instant fix.

Sometimes I notice the view from behind my avatar has him off to left or right. Can this be adjusted?

my friend just had similar problem, try aiming through one of the other "camera" views then don't change it when you are in the "swing" screen.  Some holes are better using the forward view, others are better using the reverse view.

If anyone is up for a round sometime let me know.

send me an invite and i'll play if available.

All advice is much appreciated.

Cheers.

• DejaVu31
    104 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 5:46 AM

Hey Mate.

Thanks for the information.

Much appreciated.

Cheers.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 6:24 AM

DejaVu, you can find the survey and credit offer page here. A lot of members have used the starter clubs all the way through the pro tier ranks, even playing successfully in the Master tier. The trick is, don't be spending a lot of money or wasting a bunch of credits on equipment that becomes obsolete as you advance tiers.

I would suggest using starter clubs and XD, or tourSD golf balls until you've advanced as many tiers as you can with starter clubs. Then make a purchase for premium clubs. The other members offer great advice as well.

Play well.

• DejaVu31
    104 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 4:46 AM

Cheers.

• PAGES
RSS