Forums

Help › Forums

The Hustle 14 is Live!!

Sun, Oct 25 2015 4:14 PM (1,691 replies)
  • JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Wed, Dec 22 2010 2:17 PM
    congrats! we know 2 of our final four...
  • JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Wed, Dec 22 2010 3:05 PM

After a tough battle I managed to win my game with Odaddy, look me up Angel and we'll get it on...

• odaddy68
    118 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2010 6:20 AM

it was definitely a close match, although probably not the best one either of us has played.  Juan played solid down the stretch and didn't give me much of an opening to come back. 

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Thu, Dec 23 2010 12:53 PM

And the other quarterfinal comes in. Played a great match with Aaron (AHudd). F9 was pretty even, each made one mistake - Aaron hit the tree off of 2 tee, I went left into the rough at 6, and we both closed out with birdies at 8 (beauty of a chip in from Aaron) and 9 (two nice approach shots to right pin).

The B9 was matched par, bird, par, bird until 14, when Aaron's tee shot flew about 20 ft over the pin in a deviation. His putt just missed, I made a 6 fter to go up. We split 15 (back pin) with pars, then I made a 12 ft 4 in downhiller on 16 to go 2 up. 17 was tough with a 9mph tw, but Aaron hit a nice shot into about 21 ft above the hole. I went into the bunker and put it close, and Aaron's putt just stayed out on the high side, giving me the win, 2 & 1.

It was a pleasure playing with you Aaron, you're a great player and blast to play with. Hope to catch you around soon. Happy holidays everyone. Scorecard below.

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Tue, Jan 4 2011 1:38 PM

Congrats!  The final four is in: here are the semis...

Angeltotti vs. JuanMendoza
    Dud_Doodle vs. Cyl6

Good luck! Let us know how it goes and who we can crown the inaugural hustle challenge winner!

• dud_doodle
    135 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 1:39 PM

Just finished my match with cyl6, I was able to win 5&3. C just didn't have his game today, I think the long layoff for the holidays was still affecting him. I didn't play great, but I made a couple of long putts that really made the difference early in the match. C also had a beautiful holed approach for eagle on 12, but he wasn't able to mount the comeback. It was an enjoyable match all around.

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Thu, Jan 6 2011 2:10 PM

Thanks for the fun match Chad, he just ran me over. I couldn't get an approach shot inside 30 ft, but Chad made some long putts (including a beauty on 8) to bash me into submission. He was just super solid and never made a mistake, and recovered well when necessary. Thanks man, it was a fun match and great to play with you. Best of luck in the final!

Also, this was a fun tourney JC. It was great playing against the best of the best on WGT.

C

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2011 11:39 AM
    Congrats Dud! One step closer to hustle king! I think Angel has been away for awhile, so hopefully he and Juan can get that match in soon and we can have the finals. It is about time for the 2nd Hustle!!
  • JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2011 2:33 PM

I've been keeping an eye out, but he hasn't been on (while I am) for over a week....

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2011 2:06 PM

Angeltotti may be away, still hasn't played since before Xmas...

RSS