Forums

Help › Forums

New equipment arriving

Wed, Feb 11 2015 8:05 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Spammage
    694 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2015 4:17 PM

In my opinion they could get much more creative with their product lines.  They have licensing for a lot of clubs that are at such a low level as to make them undesirable beyond a given level.  If they have licensing for say 20 sets of irons - why not have all of them available in a 225-120 distance range at similar levels such as 90-100???  Have lower level sets available as a player progresses - again many choices but all similar - and have new choices available to unlock as you progress.  They have done this in the past with the Ping Raptures, G10s, etc, and currently with the SLDR and R1 drivers (having the same club with different characteristics).  This whole idea becomes even more desirable if the unlocks of the higher level clubs are based on TIER and not level as this would keep all Masters playing with similar equipment and all TLs playing with similar equipment.

I have nothing against Nike - my current set of irons is Nike - but if the Pings were available with the same distance, spin, and say maybe 1.0 more forgiveness but 1.0 less precision than the Nikes I would likely try them to see.  More choices for the masses (with only minimal playing differences) would likely equate to more bank for WGT as well - everybody wins.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Feb 10 2015 6:04 PM

Bump

I'm hoping for new wedges with 3.5 meter speed to match the rest of my clubs (putter excluded)

Don't have to be any better, just want a matching swing speed. :)

• NorCalMega
    179 Posts
    Tue, Feb 10 2015 6:25 PM

At my current rate I'll reach L85 in 24 days give or take.

I just hope something new is out by then because I doubt I will wait for anything, been thinking about those L85 Nikes since the new year, but a set of similar performing Cally's would be nice.

• Coyote37
    143 Posts
    Tue, Feb 10 2015 6:59 PM

Im glad to see that WGT is bringing out Adams equipment!!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Feb 10 2015 7:20 PM

Coyote37:

Im glad to see that WGT is bringing out Adams equipment!!

Well, so they have said.   Believe it when I see it.  ;-)

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Wed, Feb 11 2015 8:05 PM

How about more options in 3 woods , ones with a little more forgiveness then BB, driver should not be easier & more forgiving then a 3 wood IMO..

• PAGES
RSS