Forums

Help › Forums

The Yellow Heart - A Quitter's Award

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 18 2014 11:38 PM (9 replies)
  • AdamBinBob
    79 Posts
    Mon, Dec 15 2014 9:16 AM

Although I'm often tempted to post insults and profanity on the walls of time wasting quitters, I've decided instead to award them with this Yellow Heart Medal, along with a tongue-in-cheek citation detailing their cowardly exploits on the WGT Battlefield (er...Fairways). I was thinking something like this:

On (Date), having fallen behind in the face of nobler opposition equipped with superior manners, Quitter First Class (Name of Recipient) with great risk to his reputation button, sacrificed his honour, chickened out and quit.

For this conspicuous act of cowardice, (Name of Recipient) is hereby awarded the Yellow Heart Medal.

You're quite welcome to award (AKA copy and paste) this to those you deem worthy of its merit.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Dec 15 2014 12:01 PM

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Dec 15 2014 12:21 PM
    Just play with friends and country club members.
  • ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Mon, Dec 15 2014 12:26 PM

Finally, something useful has been added to WGT that can actually work.

Well done.

AdamBinBob:
    quite welcome to award

It's gonna get worn out quickly.

Pee

• Sikkum
    88 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 12:59 AM

GREAT idea Adam, however, just be VERY careful that you are not sending it to a genuine disconnect as this is prone to happening lately on WGT.

Just sayin

Sikkum

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 6:45 PM

AdamBinBob:

Although I'm often tempted to post insults and profanity on the walls of time wasting quitters, I've decided instead to award them with this Yellow Heart Medal, along with a tongue-in-cheek citation detailing their cowardly exploits on the WGT Battlefield (er...Fairways). I was thinking something like this:

On (Date), having fallen behind in the face of nobler opposition equipped with superior manners, Quitter First Class (Name of Recipient) with great risk to his reputation button, sacrificed his honour, chickened out and quit.

For this conspicuous act of cowardice, (Name of Recipient) is hereby awarded the Yellow Heart Medal.

You're quite welcome to award (AKA copy and paste) this to those you deem worthy of its merit.

I dare ya.... double dare ya to post that on someone's wall.... LOL

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 6:53 PM

Elknoxious:
    Leaving comments like these on someone's wall is worse than someone quitting imo. Maybe I should make an award for those that gain satisfaction from insulting and disrespecting someone for simply quitting?  

I have to agree Eric…... two wrongs don't make a right….

In one ear and out the other….sure am learning that on this site for some of the strange ducks on WGT...

• AdamBinBob
    79 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 11:38 PM

dedBuNNy:

I dare ya.... double dare ya to post that on someone's wall.... LOL

LOL...Too late....I've been dishing 'em out like sweets

Sikkum:

GREAT idea Adam, however, just be VERY careful that you are not sending it to a genuine disconnect as this is prone to happening lately on WGT.

Just sayin

Sikkum

You're right Sikkum, I'll bear that in mind...thanks alot.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 4:40 AM

Elknoxious:
    Leaving comments like these on someone's wall is worse than someone quitting imo. Maybe I should make an award for those that gain satisfaction from insulting and disrespecting someone for simply quitting?  

Much much worse in my opinion too. Because does anyone really know why someone quits? Was it a disconnect, an unexpected emergency, or as in my case 2 weeks ago. a 3 hole random on mobile that should have taken no more than 5 minutes took over 20 and I had to clock in to go to work. I mean the guy took the entire 60 seconds on every shot and took 2 time expired warnings. Taking that long in a random 3 which is practice mode is a little over kill. 

Needless to say that was the last time I tried to get in a random 3 head to head before work. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 7:00 AM

borntobesting:
    the guy took the entire 60 seconds on every shot and took 2 time expired warnings. Taking that long in a random 3 which is practice mode is a little over kill. 

Then again BTBS, could he have had a bad meter requiring practice swings, or slow loading of different camera views, or a phone call or interruptions from his wife or kids?  I'm just sayin' its not safe to assume it was all him figuring out his shot.

RSS