• JLRoundtree
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jul 13 2017 11:18 PM

Because 80 is higher than 67.89

• LouisPeter0
    713 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2017 5:51 PM

Mike04146:

I just was just awarded Master level. I was a Tour Pro with an average of about 72.  I played 9 holes in Beverly Hills and shot a 28 (-7) on Blackpage.  I received the upgrade after that round even though my handicap is still around 72. 

Petty much the same thing happened to me.

The lowest my scoring average ever reached was about 69.5 before I advanced to the Master tier. I think what happened was I shot several below par 9-hole solo rounds and also defeated several higher-tier players head-to-head.

I’m not all that thrilled at being in the Master tier. It feels like I’m teeing off from the parking lot, and I can’t reach the long par 4s or par 5s in just two shots like I used to.

• alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Wed, Nov 29 2017 8:33 AM

Mobile Head-to-Head doesn't count to average or tier, but on mobile, the tier is risen at certain levels or XP numbers, different to PC play.

But your strokeplay scores as a TP weren't too shabby, scores from 31=62 up.

Difficult to say what promoted you, but you appear to deserve it!

Congrats!

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Nov 29 2017 10:26 AM

If you think the master tees are from the parking lot,   u have a rude awakening coming in the future,   lol

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Nov 29 2017 10:33 AM

Luckystar5:

If you think the master tees are from the parking lot,   u have a rude awakening coming in the future,   lol

+1

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 7:05 PM

Par 5s and Par 3s ranked rounds don’t count towards your average and yeah Ik I’m 4 years late to reply haha

• TerryN1013
    109 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 12:53 PM

I am a Master with a 64.5 average which fits your chart.  BUT I just played someone who was a 66.4 but was a Tour Master.  How is that possible?

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Jan 29 2020 1:01 PM

TerryN1013, this thread is really old and has really old charts that stop at Tour Master. There are two other levels Champion and Tour Champion that aren't even on it.

As for your question, every time you tier up you AVG start over again. The first round you play will set a new AVG. and because the next level up gets harder it is almost always higher than the one you just had.

• borntobesting
    9,601 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 7:48 AM

That player might not  be saturated. Until a player is saturated his average will fluctuate until his average is saturated. When I first hit TM the first round I played I had forgotten I had my CTTH club set loaded. I played 18 holes at Kiawah Island with just my iron set 5 wedges and putter. With no driver  or 3 wood besides the par 3’s and par 5’s there was only a few holes that I could reach in regulation. I shot 75 so my average shot up from 63 to 75 and it took many months to get it back down to where it should have been. 

• mikeragan6060
    25 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 3:15 PM

As I look through this old and new thread I think I see between the lines, so to speak, that PC play is more meaningful to avg and attaining new levels than is the mobile app. True, false, or equivicol?

Btw, I am TP, avg 67.88. Over 500 rated rounds. Until 2 months ago haven't played WGT in several years. Since playing again, almost daily, have only played mobile. Scoring avg since returning probably in low 80s....can throw up some really high scores occasionally. Wondering if spinning wheels on mobile and should only play PC.

RSS