Forums

Help › Forums

Courses.....A Different Look

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 30 2010 3:59 AM (4 replies)
  • SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 2:32 AM

All to often I see WGT and it members focusing on the great courses. While I agree many of them would be great to play on I am quite sure the negotiations process can be tormenting at best just because of who they are. My suggestion has always been that WGT should continue to work them but also focus on the 2nd tier courses that are probably a lot more willing to let you digitize their courses because of the free press. Here is a list of courses in no particular order that are worth that look

Old Macdonald at Bandon Dunes Resort
    Clog Hill
    Mauna Kea
    Forest Dunes
    French Lick Resort
    Southern Dunes Golf Club
    Tobacco Road Golf Club
    Pacific Dunes
    Bandon Dunes
    Blackwolf Run
    Chambers Bay Golf Course 
    Brandon Trails 
    World Woods
    Four Seasons Resort-Lanai
    Whistling Straits
    The Greenbrier 

Just a thought..........

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 3:27 AM

And a good one. It seems that WGT stresses the championship courses, which is great, but frankly there would seem to be more in it for the resort courses, like the ones we have here only in CTTH and some of the others you mention. Win/win.

Nice to have Oakmont, for example, but it is hard to see what is in it for the club itself, which is strictly private and not seeking to drum up any custom. Bethpage is public but turns away vast numbers of hopeful players.

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 3:32 AM

Bootle municipal, Liverpool.

If you can play that, you can play anything!

Sean

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 3:39 AM

bluescouse:

Bootle municipal, Liverpool.

If you can play that, you can play anything!

Sean

I played Blackpool municipal once. Great view of the tower.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Oct 30 2010 3:59 AM

zagraniczniak:

And a good one. It seems that WGT stresses the championship courses, which is great, but frankly there would seem to be more in it for the resort courses, like the ones we have here only in CTTH and some of the others you mention. Win/win.

Nice to have Oakmont, for example, but it is hard to see what is in it for the club itself, which is strictly private and not seeking to drum up any custom. Bethpage is public but turns away vast numbers of hopeful players.

That was thought. All of those above are open to the public and the resorts are always looking for avenues of advertisement. Offer them a free banner ad when they run specials and WGT could ask the resort to put an ad about WGT on the back of the course score card. Lots of great creative ideas out there. I would personally love to see them digitize the greenbrier in fall with all the leaves in awesome colors. 

Again Just a thought from someone with a business background! 

Couldn't resist the sarcasm!

RSS