Forums

Help › Forums

VALLEY of the SUN C C ( a look back at VOTSCC & WGT)

Mon, May 22 2023 12:43 PM (624 replies)
  • Next260
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Aug 29 2017 4:10 PM

pdb1:

How about an update .

In the last couple of months . There was an unusual show of interest . Approximately 50 recruits showed up . We kept about 25 of them . Starting at about 38 . We are now at 63 . With some good new young members . And a few oldies . 

Mostly newer lower tiers . Several older upper tiers . All seeming to fit in well . 

Nice to be back above 60 again for the 3rd time . Could use a few more . They will come .

What happened to the other 25 ? 

Once a recruit is accepted . There are several easy tasks to do before they become full members . And a couple givens . 

The givens are to friend myself and our tournament director . I will try a couple few times and then stop to see it they ever attempt to . Of course until we / they are friends . There are no PM messages going on . 

The 3 tasks are very simple . 

1) Respond to the CC forum welcome link that I post on their wall .

PLEASE WELCOME NEW RECRUIT BILLYBOB . It is our way of shaking your hand and helping you to feel more at ease . And at home . 

Many members reply and welcome each new recruit .

2) Play a CC tourney 

3) Register in our cool and safe website . 

That's it . Do those 3 and you become a full member . 

After that . I trust that they will be accountable to be somewhat of a visible good CC member . They are on their own . 

But those 3 tasks . Lol . Some would rather die . They will do 1 or 2 of them in any combination . 

Then there are those that never play a CC tourney . Never respond to my PM's . Much less one CC forum welcome . Never register in the site . 

Obviously not good fits for the CC . 

Once a player is in . If they are new or somewhat new to WGT or even CC's . 

The first half of page 1 of the CC forum sticky threads are filled with dozens of topical links , and tips and UIRL's . With every thing one could ever want to know about WGT and tiering up . Ranked and non counting rounds . Saturation . Unlimited play tourneys , match play , stroke play , alt shot , etc . 

How to get to your ACCOUNT SETTINGS and CONTACT INFO . To be sure that you have the right settings to enable communication . Because if it looks like this . 

There ain't no connecting going on .

Some still can't find that page . 

So if they want info . Page 1 in the CC forum has it up the ying yang . There is no search feature in the CC forums . So the only way to find a topic of interest is to copy and paste the link into the sticky thread for that type of topic . 

For other new players that already got it like that . Been around you know . They can just start playing any of our various CC tourneys , Stroke brackets , CTTH brackets , CTTH challenges , Daily BLITZ , CC vs CC Interplay Or other formats and events . Enough to keep plenty busy and have fun . 

Unfortunately I can no longer boast about all the fun interaction amongst CC mates in multi player matches . Practically non existent .

Back in the day . That's all we did . We / I loved it . Couldn't get enough . 

Different group or generation or something these days . Don't know what they're missing . 

Not a money CC . We have very few credit purse rounds . We could . We just don't . 

Mostly a place to work on your game with the  well made unlimited play CC tourneys . Made different every time . Helps to learn a course inside and out .

And many other formats and events to keep one challenged and busy . 

Pretty simple casual environment . Where every member is equally the same with out regards to tier or , longevity , age , gender , hair color , or any hair . Everyone has a voice . 

Hermits are not acceptable . One must have a minimal amount of visibility . 

But that's not too hard . 

Check us out

Our homepage  http://www.wgt.com/clubs/valley_of_the_sun_casual_club/default.aspx 

Our website
    http://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/

Our CC Corner thread

VALLEY of the SUN C C invites

Bump for a really great club

• Next260
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Sep 23 2017 3:29 PM

Come check it out , the best club in Wgt ( my opinion ). contact PDB1 

• Next260
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Oct 5 2017 3:43 PM
    Bump for a great club
  • Next260
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Oct 22 2017 10:59 AM
    pdb1:
    Back to the top for a great club
  • Next260
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Oct 30 2017 3:42 PM
    A bump for a great club, come check it out . Contact PDB1
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Oct 30 2017 5:57 PM
    This is a solid club people. PDB1 is one great club owner with a solid group of guys
  • Next260
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2017 5:33 PM
    DonCaron:
    This is a solid club people. PDB1 is one great club owner with a solid group of guys
    Thanks for the good words DonCaron, very much appreciated. Bump for a great club.
RSS