Forums

Help › Forums

Lower-grade Equipment at Legend Tier

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:58 AM (29 replies)
  • SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 7:33 PM

I'm currently using a lvl 48 R1 and the lvl 59 G25s.  They suited me fine at TM, but really I can't compete at Legend.  That said, I'm not sure if I care.  I don't think I'm likely to compete with most of these guys anyhow, new equipment or not.  Probably going to just start enjoying the view.

If you're in the same boat, how has your game come along with your old equipment?

p.s. Even if I did buy a new driver, I'm not going to a 282 yd stick and then to a 287 yd stick. I'll be waiting until I level up a long while from now.

Best,

S.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 8:02 PM

SoKoSteve:

I'm currently using a lvl 48 R1 and the lvl 59 G25s.  They suited me fine at TM, but really I can't compete at Legend.  That said, I'm not sure if I care.  I don't think I'm likely to compete with most of these guys anyhow, new equipment or not.  Probably going to just start enjoying the view.

If you're in the same boat, how has your game come along with your old equipment?

p.s. Even if I did buy a new driver, I'm not going to a 282 yd stick and then to a 287 yd stick. I'll be waiting until I level up a long while from now.

Best,

S.

I was in your shoe once, I made legend early.

And I did get one of the bigger drivers, it did help me. 

The 48 is great , but much shorter than the xhot and sldr.

you just have to adjust the rest of your game, and wait for the sweet stuff like the rest of us.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 8:07 PM

SoKoSteve:

Best,

S.

When I first reached legend, I had some seriously deficient gear as well - in fact, I would've killed for the low-level R1 and R11 irons.  I just had to tread water with surveys and videos for longer than I care to remember.

I'm still not at top gear yet, but it's a process.

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 11:15 PM

you just have to adjust the rest of your game, and wait for the sweet stuff like the rest of us.

I think this sums up my thought process, and glad to see I'm not alone.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 11:21 PM

SoKoSteve:

I am only 17 months from getting the 98 r1 driver ! 

those I compete with got it at lvl 93 , I handle it and and hit the wall a few times.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 12:29 AM

SoKoSteve:

Comparing to the top players, there's a whole crowd in this boat.

From paper form, your equipment is not too bad. Irons with high trajectory, and only a few yards missing in each club. Of course, this will make a difference in competition, but this will go on and on and on...

You may want to upgrade when time has come but what will it be? The higher G25s are close (255,000 XPs) but not top, so you may take your time to decide.

There's one major amelioration available and almost free of doubts: IMHO, the long Ping wedge of level 41 should be replaced by the top Cleveland or ATV (@324,000 XPs). These are designed "to throw darts" - a real class act! - and there's only one costly alternative (MAX).

Hit it straight!

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 12:44 AM

MY 2 ! don't ever get the g25 ! 

who would if the nike 85 are there !!

they are next best to the r11 irons ! and for the few that buy the 90 nikes, a dream match.

ask those in ready goes that use them and make credits!

and then ask those that make credits with the g25 ? sorry did I mean ask any if you can find them !

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 3:10 AM

There's one major amelioration available and almost free of doubts: IMHO, the long Ping wedge of level 41 should be replaced by the top Cleveland or ATV (@324,000 XPs). These are designed "to throw darts" - a real class act! - and there's only one costly alternative (MAX).

Yeah, I'll buy the Cleves (56, 60, and 64) and that will be that as far as wedges go.

That should help.

Thanks for the advice.

S. 

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 4:22 AM

They have good enough low level equipment for legends IMO no point making it even easier to just hang it up and start all over 

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Sat, Oct 25 2014 4:37 AM

spdemon:

They have good enough low level equipment for legends IMO no point making it even easier to just hang it up and start all over 

I get that.  Part of me thinks keeping myself struggling may in fact keep the game interesting for a long time.  I've raced enough, maybe it's time to slow it down a notch. 

RSS