Buyingballs

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 6 2014 2:28 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 3:16 PM

hpurey:
    there aren't any greens fees.  So the cost of balls seems to be what keeps the game going.

This!

I consider the ball costs to be a benign replacement of green fees, being the constant money flow to the company. And I tell you, I'm fond of it!

They have earn money, so be it.

This is a rare occurrence of user-determined access costs. You want to play top, you pay big - choose the Nikes. Pay less - get Callies, pay naught - use Starters. It has much better acceptance than the green fees of Cabo and Whistler, though they may be cheaper undewr certain conditions(?)

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Nov 6 2014 5:14 AM

I don't think any rational person with even a modicum of intelligence would argue against them charging for balls, making money, I mean they do have to pay for development, wages etc so ya, they need a revenue stream. 

The ignorant and insulting issue with all this is the fact that they don't do a f*kin thing for the players in return with respect improving the game at all - zip. In fact they make it worse, more difficult to play, well except for 'them' and to make it even more insulting and crass they come up with insane strategies to absolutely rob players as in the Clash Cash Grab. 

So there's your revenue stream you asshats!

How about doing something worth f*kin' while with it? 

Oh wait I forgot, ya... they did introduce a playing mode whereby 'we' get the privilege of blowing even more money try to qualify to play against a 'staff member' who plays the game at zero cost the himself. 

Ya, sorry my bad - I take it all back...... Uhmm, NOT! 

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Nov 6 2014 11:01 AM

"This is a rare occurrence of user-determined access costs."

^ this nails it.  We also get to determine how much value we receive for our investment. Folks who feel shorted may be over-valuing their investment and then feeling let down on it's return. For myself, I feel I've struck a perfect balance between investment and return. I never feel like WGT owes me anything. I enjoy the site and have no regret about the level of investment I make.

• rollone
    772 Posts
    Thu, Nov 6 2014 1:28 PM

CerinoDevoti:

"This is a rare occurrence of user-determined access costs."

^ this nails it.  We also get to determine how much value we receive for our investment. Folks who feel shorted may be over-valuing their investment and then feeling let down on it's return. For myself, I feel I've struck a perfect balance between investment and return. I never feel like WGT owes me anything. I enjoy the site and have no regret about the level of investment I make.

yes sir...all unicorns and rainbows

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Thu, Nov 6 2014 2:28 PM

if you're short of credits, perhaps you are not playing well enough to earn them

• PAGES
RSS