Help › Forums

Buyingballs

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 6 2014 2:28 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pgatoursega
    67 Posts
    Thu, Oct 23 2014 12:09 PM

It isnt enough for wgt to sell equipment im sure mr Wgt makes millions off equipment he needs to sell balls to....like were rich.....buying balls is like hundreds thousands a year....stop making us pay for balls wgt its bs...also why dont i casll mr wgt ask him it only 100$ lmao...

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Thu, Oct 23 2014 12:21 PM

lol .... they offer free ones ...

they also offer a way to get free credits .

• pgatoursega
    67 Posts
    Thu, Oct 23 2014 12:30 PM

ye for a dollar n surveys never payout

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Thu, Oct 23 2014 12:42 PM

pgatoursega:

It isnt enough for wgt to sell equipment im sure mr Wgt makes millions off equipment he needs to sell balls to....like were rich.....buying balls is like hundreds thousands a year....stop making us pay for balls wgt its bs...also why dont i casll mr wgt ask him it only 100$ lmao...

Really? Have you really put any thought in here?

So how many new clubs have you bought this year? The club sales are minimal - the real revenue from players is from ball sales.

A drop in sales just means no development, a game that stagnates until, it finally dies.

It is a business - and the owners took the risk on the venture. If it had failed would have you offered to prop it up? It is designed to make a profit - quite a revolutionary concept!

As pointed out, you can play with the free ball or earn credits to fund decent balls. Yes this costs your time and effort - so if you can afford that time, do it.

Some of us outside of the US have no option to earn free credits, so I am afraid you have zero sympathy from me.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Oct 23 2014 1:01 PM

The free ball, while basic, can be played just as well as the expensive balls. It does take time to learn what the ball will do or not do but it is very playable. The place the WGT makes its real money is the advertising. Some of us have never put real money into the game, using all of the various ways of getting credits that are offered. Who pays for those credits, the advertisers. Ever look at the list of WGT members who are hacks and have not completed a round in several years. They are carried on the membership list for a reason, and it is not that they might come back. WGT goes to advertisers and says that ads will be placed in front of millions of players around the world. No mention of how many of those do not participate. If you enjoy the game you need to support it with either your money or your time in front of the ads, otherwise this for profit company will disappear and you won't even have this forum to voice your complaint.

• JasonBlazer
    2,246 Posts
    Thu, Oct 23 2014 3:19 PM

And let's see, you're a L97 Legend with a 59.71 average and you've been around nearly FOUR years, and you are just now starting to complain about the cost of balls???

Hmmm...maybe it's that you've only played 751 ranked rounds.....

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Oct 23 2014 3:39 PM

How dare a business try to make money.  The audacity...

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Thu, Oct 23 2014 10:56 PM

pgatoursega:
    .also why dont i casll mr wgt ask him it only 100$ lmao...

Probably cause you will need about 900$ more lol 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 5:44 PM

spdemon:

pgatoursega:
    .also why dont i casll mr wgt ask him it only 100$ lmao...

Probably cause you will need about 900$ more lol 

LOL  thank you,  I was about to chime in with the same response. ;-)

I used to think that the cost of balls was way out of control, still don't like the cost, but really it's what I think keeps this game moving forward.  Even if it seems to be moving very slowly forward.

Just think, players buy clubs that seem to cost a lot, but then keep those same clubs for a long time until they reach the next level to get better ones, but sometimes those Levels takes a Long asss time to reach, which means not much purchasing on clubs.  Then think about cost to play,  unless you are playing the Twogolf , I mean trugolf  ( in the sense of only having two of them not TWO) courses, there aren't any greens fees.  So the cost of balls seems to be what keeps the game going.  As many flaws as we all can find with the game, I'd be devastated if WGT closed down for good.  So I'll happily spend money on balls to help where I can, I'll just make sure that the money comes from offers as much as possible.  

Lower ball prices and that just means that WGT has to make up their profits somewhere else.

Of course, this coming from a "golfer" more than a "gamer".   

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 2:02 PM

MichaelStroke:

How dare a business try to make money.  The audacity...

Insane!

Just google 'cops shut down kid's  lemonade stand'. Just over a hundred news reports.

One girl was price gouging at 7¢ a cup.  !GASP!

[rimshot]

• PAGES
RSS