Forums

Help › Forums

Problem with A-Hole

Thu, Nov 20 2014 3:26 PM (29 replies)
  • PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 5:31 AM

Sorry couldn't think of a more suitable title for this post.

Anyway. I was playing a Skins game today at St Andrews and we got to Hole 4 (Ginger Beer) and one of the guys I was playing against decided to opt to play down the left-hand side of the course to avoid risking the brush in a heavy sidewind.

Fair enough.

But I was surprised that much of that close fairway is unplayable! It doesn't show it on the minimap but if you land on a stretch of fairway that it is near the bottom three bunkers, there's a good chance WGT will put your ball 'Out of Bounds'

I went and tested it in 'practice' mode and sure enough a fair stretch of fairway is 'Out of Bounds'. The parameters have been set wrong by WGT. I went and checked the official site for St Andrews and it IS playable down that side, so WGT have got it wrong.

I hope this will change soon as the poor chap I was playing against took a perfectly good shot which stopped cleanly on the fairway having narrowly avoided the bunkers only to be penalized with an incorrect call on his ball. I know it's just a programming mistake but it would be nice to get this fixed. Thanks.  

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 5:46 AM

It's just one of those things that have to be remembered and avoided, like the holographic wall on the road hole.

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 6:07 AM

PaulTon:

It's just one of those things that have to be remembered and avoided, like the holographic wall on the road hole.

Holographic wall on a road, where's that? lol.

I think WGT could easily fix this one though as it's a bit silly of them to make a course that has unplayable sections where they should be playable. It's obviously just a programming mistake. The course is all there so they could fix it very easily if they can be bothered.

Or if they don't want to bother we could ask them to change their label from 'the most realistic golf game on the web' to 'almost the most realistic golf game (with the laziest staff) on the web'

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 6:20 AM

Oops, sorry, an unfortunate medical condition sent me here .. ^0-0^

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 6:32 AM

PRStevenson:
    Holographic wall on a road, where's that? lol.

17th at St. Andy.  Check this for details.

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 7:54 AM

Had a look at that the thread, the difference being that that is a wall off the mini-map and not a playable part of the course, whereas this is an unplayable bit of fairway that is on the minimap and should be a playable part of the course.

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 7:55 AM

nanstar:

you may want to get that looked at

• ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 9:42 AM

nanstar:

LOL

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 10:06 AM

PRStevenson:
    whereas this is an unplayable bit of fairway that is on the minimap and should be a playable part of the course.

Excuse me: Where is this guaranteed? T&Cs? FAQs?

No.

Mini map fringes are approximate indications but not a law. There are also "good" places outside the map - see BPB #6.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 10:08 AM

The A-Hole...hmm....kinda cool, Since it first opened, someone deemed it "the finger hole" for obvious reason. But, your "A-Hole" has merit; since the proctolgist's finger is poised and positioned for engagement.

RSS