Forums

Help › Forums

latest update ridiculous

Fri, Oct 29 2010 5:49 PM (120 replies)
  • DiscGolfAddict
    113 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 5:53 AM

I understand that...but in real life you gain from that experience by getting better...but what if you are already good? You should be punished?? Seems to me a better player would have already "earned" their right to a reward.

Ive never seen the guy who shoots the worst given the trophy for finishing best.

• kevinmosley
    76 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 5:55 AM

XP power boost drink...lol just laughable and finally new legendary balls with better feel factor, man $2.00

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 5:57 AM

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 5:59 AM

DiscGolfAddict:
    I understand that...but in real life you gain from that experience by getting better...but what if you are already good? You should be punished?? Seems to me a better player would have already "earned" their right to a reward.

Ive never seen the guy who shoots the worst given the trophy for finishing best.

I would guess the experience points are (or should be) nicely balanced, so that at the end of any round, the better player gets more experience points than someone who is 3 over par on every hole.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 6:03 AM

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?  SPORTS DRINKS?

FIX THE METER.  PERIOD.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 6:04 AM

seveking:

Doesn´t the 2010 redwood zb putter have exactly the same precision, forgiveness, balance and meter speed as the new ghost putter?

It sure looks like the Redwood Master putter in Taylormade clothes-exact same specs. 

• DiscGolfAddict
    113 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 6:04 AM

Faterson:

DiscGolfAddict:

I would guess the experience points are (or should be) nicely balanced, so that at the end of any round, the better player gets more experience points than someone who is 3 over par on every hole.

Yes....you would guess that......but guess what......its not. I have compared it a few times and every time...the person with the most strokes....ie: shoots the worst......get more exp points.....remember you get a point for every swing of the club....good or bad.

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 6:11 AM
    WGT, Stop wasting time with kilts and xp drinks. Fix the problems with the game, allow play of Oakmont in CC and weekly tournaments , release new stroke play courses. None of these mods will be making me open my wallet
    1,644 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 6:13 AM

YankeeJim:

seveking:

Doesn´t the 2010 redwood zb putter have exactly the same precision, forgiveness, balance and meter speed as the new ghost putter?

It sure looks like the Redwood Master putter in Taylormade clothes-exact same specs. 

Nope different stats... but you have to click into it to see it.  It is wrong on the pro shop page that displays all the putters.  Same as the GI2-SD2 ball... on the ball page they are labeled the same as the GI-SD2 balls.... Buyer beware!!   Make sure you choose the right ones!!

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 6:17 AM

GoldCard:

End of the pay tournaments for me for now, i'll leave those for the suckers that haven't woken up yet!

Back to starter balls,leaving my money in my own bank account and golfing for fun again.

I did the same exact thing March - May of this year.  Learned alot about myself and my game using the Free Ball.  Wanted to see if I can sustain without a premium ball - noticed my average crept up slightly during that period - but not disastrously.  Seemed to maintain a 65-66 with a premium and a 67-68 with the Free Ball.

My motives were similar - I was tired (at that time) of "investing" in the game when requests to address BASIC functionality (LOADING and Meter) were not handled in favor of frivolous nonsense like "New Avatars".  Now it is "Snacks".

Of course that was a universe away before re-tiering, Oakmont etc.  I now seem to reside in the 66-67 range most of the time.

Reagrds, AtlantaCoaster

RSS