Forums

Help › Forums

MIA - Where are they?

Sun, Mar 12 2023 8:08 PM (439 replies)
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2018 3:09 PM
    Think he said he was going to take a short break. Maybe what he calls short is very different to what i think is.
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2018 4:10 PM

DAZZA501:
    Think he said he was going to take a short break. Maybe what he calls short is very different to what i think is.

Once the addiction / habit is broken....very easy to stay away.  ;/

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2018 4:05 AM

DAZZA501:

It's also possible he took a short break, realised he didn't miss WGT and decided to make it a long or maybe even permanent break.

This place is worse than nicotine for addiction.  Just not as bad for you.

• craigswan
    30,979 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 3:13 AM

Romax has sadly passed away a couple of weeks ago with stomach cancer .

Farewell ross .

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 4:21 AM

craigswan:

Farewell ross .

Oh flip..............................He was a senior member of the first CC that I got involved in.  Super welcome from him showed me what a good CC can be.

He simply liked playing multiplay.  Win or lose he just never minded as long as the banter was good and the play was in good spirits.  Actually, someone would have to go some to put them offside.  He did like a drink but rarely could you tell (odd few and way far between post that was a bit more obtuse than was really demanded by a slightly dodgy situation anyway).  Best I don't throw stones for small faults:)

A genuine and decent guy who was just addicted to this game, especially in multiplay format...................

RIP mate.

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 5:28 AM

craigswan:

Farewell ross .

Well (insert unsuitable for forum language) THAT'S not something I wanted to read.  Although we didn't see eye to eye on many things, as Jim said he was always up for a bit of craic with an A/S match or 6, and he was a good, loyal clubmate.

RIP m8

very sad Thomas

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 5:56 AM

Sad to hear of another WGT members passing. My condolences to his friends and family.

Rest in Peace Ross.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 6:01 AM

ScottHope:

Sad to hear of another WGT members passing. My condolences to his friends and family.

Rest in Peace Ross.

I am with Scott on this. This is the unfortunate side of this MIA thread.

Thoughts and prayers

Don

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 9:38 AM

WOW, shocking!

RIP Ross....

I didn't even know he was sick, but the fact that he didn't say anything about it on the "general forum" doesn't surprise me at all, class act!

RSS