*** Warning - please read ***

Mon, Oct 20 2014 12:09 PM (32 replies)
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 12:20 PM

TopShelf2010:

fatdan:
    Look at these crooked TV evangelists

I never understood this. Why do they need to drive the AMG Mercedes? Why do they need that private jet to spread the word? Why is it that they have all these luxury items and Jesus didn't have sandals for His feet?

LOL, sometime in the mid-90's I read an actual interview with one of the top guys who eventually went to jail, but I can't remember his name...

There was a picture of him standing in front of all his sh!t outside his 2million $ home in the Carolinas somewhere...he was holding up his hands showing off a huge diamond ring on every finger, a huge gold bracelet and a Rolex...

in the backround he had 2 Rolls Royces, a Lamborghini, a Limo, 2(not 1, 2) Cigarette boats that cost over 300k at the time, 1 did 131mph...a 800k travel bus, and various toys...

The interviewer asked him why and his response was, "Because God wants me to have it! When you represent a company or a person they expect you to look, and act your best, they want you to wear suits not casual clothing to make them look good! Well I represent GOD, you can't get any bigger than him, even with all this I still fall way short of what God wants me to have so I represent him the way he should be"!

Reporter said' "but nobody sees all this but you and your family, do you have services here, do your believers get to ride the boats"?

he just said, "That's enough about these mere worldly items, lets talk about the Lord"!!!!

He was arrested a year or so after the article and sent to prison where he still represented God, but his donations were more like Honey Buns, soup packets, and Instant Coffee LOL...

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 12:37 PM

SweetiePie:

WGTicon:
    WGT****

Allrighty then ! That is so cool...Icon likes to cuss too... 

And I was so sure Shoe would be the first to drop the F-, C- or whatever bomb in the forums.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 12:56 PM

If I'm not mistaken, you speak of a Jim & Tammy Faye Bakker...started simply but succumbed to the truth of "money is the root of all evil". Unlike St.Paul who said "I was blind and now I see", these two fine people traveled in reverse...they could see, then became blind. Sad

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 1:08 PM

TarheelsRule:

So the blonde in the sexy bikini that I gave out my social security number, bank account routing number, date of birth, driver's license number, etc. was just an imposter?     Next you are going to tell me that all those beautiful women with those sexy pictures on WGT are not real.    

What is next, those tour pros who can shoot 52 are using multiple accounts.

My whole WGT bubble has been popped.

This is the funniest post I have seen for a while - you have just put me in a great mood this humpday.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 1:45 PM

Not Jim and Tammy SP, this guy was one of the 1st to go down way before Jim and T and was also very well known,,,I know the name but my memory has failed me today lol...

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 2:11 PM

Falwell or Swaggart?  Hard to narrow down when we're only dealing with the corrupt ones...lol

• FISHDAWGIPA
    8 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 3:21 PM

Thanks for the warning!

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Wed, Sep 3 2014 7:58 PM

Woodoworkery:
    LMAO oh my God I can't stop  Ling MAO..... is there a Doctor in the house.

Seconded.

Woops. Edit: Just saw Alanti's post. I 3rd & the motion is carried, "That Was Some Funny Fkn S**t" LOL

• GolfingJMan
    71 Posts
    Mon, Sep 15 2014 9:15 PM

Hey SweetiePie,

Here is my perspective.

SweetiePie:
    If I'm not mistaken, you speak of a Jim & Tammy Faye Bakker...started simply but succumbed to the truth of "money is the root of all evil".

I don't believe money, in whatever form and in whatever amount, should be blamed for the world's problems.  I believe money can very useful for good when managed well. 

A similar example is with medicine.  Prescription painkillers should not be blamed if a driver runs someone over in a crosswalk because he was driving while impaired by them.  In this case, labeling the inanimate drugs (which can be used for a lot of good)  as evil because of the drug's relationship to the outcome is inappropriate.

In another case, some may blame money as the cause of the worlds problems and use an example of someone who embezzles large sums of money.  But they don't know that the person committed the theft because he became addicted to prescription painkillers and so sought to steal the money.  This too, I think, is a misappropriation of the blame. 

Courteously,
    JMan

• grumpyolddom
    384 Posts
    Thu, Oct 16 2014 4:52 PM

WGTicon:
    We will never ask you for your birth date, email or credit card # or anything else.
    Icon:

There is a survey that opens with the statement " Dear respondent some surveys require a valid E-Mail address for verification would you be willing to give us one" YES or NO. When you check no they will not allow you to take the survey!. If you check yes the first question they ask is for a e-mail address?

Are you aware of this since they are doing exactly the opposite of your statement? They are fishing for email addresses? Would you require a report on this. Or some number or name of this survey? It happens sometimes 3 or 4 times a night. Very easy to find! Check it out!

DOM

RSS